Where to purchase eBooks for Nook?

1. bhoffo

bhoffo New Member

Hi all,

Just bought a new Nook Color and was wondering, apart from "Barnes and Noble" where can eBooks be purchased that are suitable for use in the Nook?

Bruce H:)

Advertisement
    :
  2. chocophile

chocophile Well-Known Member

Here are a few places to start:

Non-Barnes and Noble eBook Sources

Audio eBook Sources for Your nook

(Caveat: These two lists are from a blog that is no longer updated, but should help you get started.)

I just about always have a couple books from my local public library on my NC, and a few others on my wait list. Check to see if your library has Overdrive (the most common supplier of ebooks that can be checked out for free). Read the sticky borrow books from public libraries for more details.

You can get free books from ManyBooks.net. This site has mostly older, public domain titles, but if you're interested in Conan Doyle, Dickens, Twain, etc. it's great. My nook contains several books from manybooks that I intend to read "one of these days."

books.google.com is compatible with Nook and Nook Color.
    gsutton likes this.
  3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

You should be able to read any .epub file on to your Nook. Just put it in the 'My Books' folder and the reader will pick them up. Download the file on your computer then mount the Nook to the PC to copy it over.

feedbooks.com has both free public domain books and books to purchase.
    gsutton likes this.