Where to purchase the official Evo 3D Car Adaptor? [Answer: Best Buy]Tips

Last Updated:

1. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

I just picked one of these up from a Sprint store (at the mall, even) just today - cost $40.

BTW, the pic on the link looks like the car cradle for the EVO 4G, with the plastic holder rotated so that the micro USB is at the side, not bottom. The 3D version looks completely different.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. TheSystem

TheSystem Well-Known Member

Picked mine up from Best Buy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

I will head to BestBuy today. Thanks!
  5. TheSystem

No problem, here is what the packaging looks like.

[​IMG]
  6. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Thx, just picked up for $39..... Awesome
  7. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Just as good as the other was, but I hate the restrictiveness of how you can angle or twist it. I mount mine directly on my guage panel area where there is a nice opening, and the only viewing angle I can find comfortable is horizontal. Otherwise its perfect.

Now, the next issue is when in car dock, the voice search does not work at all, just like the EVO. Outside of it, works great.
  8. Tyler Perez

Tyler Perez Well-Known Member

i like this mount, and I was going to pick it up... but it doesnt fit my extended battery...
  9. TheSystem

What do you mean Voice Search does not work? Performing Voice Actions works perfectly fine for me, whenever i do not have a lot of noise goin' on.

Nice! I see Best Buy is running a sale on Evo 3D Car Upgrade Kit and Desktop Docking Station for $39.99.
  10. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

When in my dock, there is no mic activity for me at all, even with car off. As soon as I undock it, works fine. Not sure why... Is there a thread here which shows the current software version for the phone? Maybe I am not current, although a check of it shows no pending updates. Mine is 1.13.651.7
  11. kentpavelka

kentpavelka Active Member

In order to use this device, I'm assuming the phone must be taken out of any type of case you carry it in....even a snug fitting one, correct? If so, are those of you who use this device just not using a case....or do you take it in and out all the time? Seems like a hassle. Am I wrong?
  12. TheSystem

This dock is not intended to be used with a case.

I actually do not mind to remove my case to dock my Evo 3D or Evo 4G, takes about a second (Depending on which case you have).
  13. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

Huh.. that package, and the pictures above, look like the car dock for the 4G. Exactly like it, except it says 3D on the box. The 3D dock I picked up, from the Sprint store, looks nothing like it and came in a different box. I shall get a pic.
  14. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Thats the IGrip one, I may try that one
  15. Emblazon

Emblazon Well-Known Member

My question is, where can I get replacement 3M discs? I got a new car, and when you peel it off, it's not reusable. I've been looking every where and can't find anything.
  16. TheSystem

Find some 3M double coated Polyethylene foam tape and slap it under the disk.
  17. Emblazon

Yes, but those, as far as I've seen, only come in thin strips. Surely they must sell replacement discs somewhere, right?
  18. TheSystem

I am not sure if you will find anything that is exact to what comes with the dock, but any circular adhesive disk should work? Try contacting HTC.

I would just use the roll of 3M tape and cut to shape.
  19. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Plenty to pick from, I had to double mine to make it stand up high enough not to block my traction control button on my Denali dash.

About $3.00

[​IMG]

[​IMG]gps mount disc | eBay
  20. Emblazon

I have the disc. I just need the 3M doublestick sticker that goes underneath the disc.
  21. DekonR

DekonR Member

I got myself the OtterBox Defender, but still wanted a car mount so I decided to make my own using the very nice belt-clip it came with (which I will never use on my belt). Doesn't work as a "dock" since it just uses a regular car charger, but it places the phone exactly where I want it on my dash. I recommend this route if you have a belt clip for the phone. Easy to make.

[​IMG]
  22. kenn

kenn Well-Known Member

Pictures or it didn't happen. ;)
  23. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Well-Known Member

Most of the time I don't use my device while driving here in SoCal anyway, so a Best Buy car charger and my center console cup holder are enough for me, since I rarely use them anyway. The cord does occasionally get in the way of my shifter, but it doesn't interfere with its operation.
  24. DekonR

DekonR Member