• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help where to put music on internal drive?

D

Deleted User

Im rooted. However when looking through the internal memory i don't see a good place to put several gigs of music. Where should iput it? When connected as usb drive, i have no access to system files to copy over my music to. What is the best way to copy the music? Copy to sd card the root explorer copy to internal is all i can think of. That would be incredibly slow.
1. Where to put music on internal?
2. Is internal memory for storage same/shared with system files?
3. How to copy file to internal?
My 32 gb sd is full of movies so need to use my empty internal.

I suppose you can probably place media on the internal memory, and utilize it, if you gain root access and use Root Explorer and/or Rock Player. I don't recommend it though.

As jreed pointed out, internal memory is meant for application and system data only. You're supposed to put personal media on an SD card. This is why the camera won't let you take pictures and save them onto your phone if you don't have a card inserted.

Upvote 0
So, what good is 8gb of memory for apps? Gesss you'd have to have like 1800 5 mb apps to fill it. What a waste really. On my Dinc, I could put anything on it. If you pull the memory card, you cannot have any files what so ever on the phone even if you have a full 8 gb unused? Totally dumb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones