where to put music on internal drive?Support

Last Updated:

1. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im rooted. However when looking through the internal memory i don't see a good place to put several gigs of music. Where should iput it? When connected as usb drive, i have no access to system files to copy over my music to. What is the best way to copy the music? Copy to sd card the root explorer copy to internal is all i can think of. That would be incredibly slow.
    1. Where to put music on internal?
    2. Is internal memory for storage same/shared with system files?
    3. How to copy file to internal?
    My 32 gb sd is full of movies so need to use my empty internal.

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

internal is for apps only. sounds like you need to carry a few more memory cards, or make a trade off. I mean seriously do you really NEED 32 gigs of movies? One movie could get you 50 songs depending on compression.

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

yeah, as far as i know, the music player wont look for music on internal memory. as was already stated, i would use the 16G card that came with the phone for music, if you dont want to sacrifice some of the movies on the card.

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I suppose you can probably place media on the internal memory, and utilize it, if you gain root access and use Root Explorer and/or Rock Player. I don't recommend it though.

As jreed pointed out, internal memory is meant for application and system data only. You're supposed to put personal media on an SD card. This is why the camera won't let you take pictures and save them onto your phone if you don't have a card inserted.

5. serpa4

serpa4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, what good is 8gb of memory for apps? Gesss you'd have to have like 1800 5 mb apps to fill it. What a waste really. On my Dinc, I could put anything on it. If you pull the memory card, you cannot have any files what so ever on the phone even if you have a full 8 gb unused? Totally dumb.