where to put music?General

Last Updated:

1. armyguydan

armyguydan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If i am mounting my phone and want to put music on it so i can play it, where do i put it? what folder? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. davbak

davbak Well-Known Member

As strange as this may sound, I put my music in the 'music' folder.

3. Roaddog

Roaddog Well-Known Member

Ignore the previous post and its obvious but misplaced sarcasm. It doesn't really matter where you put it if you're using the stock music app. It'll find it no matter where it is. I created a directory on my phone called "my media" with subdirectories for "music" and "video." (While your phone is connected to a computer and mounted as a usb, just right click and select "create a new folder" in the first window that pops up when you click on your phones mounted usb drive in Windows.) Then you can just drag and drop all of your tunes directly into that folder and be off to the races.

Hope that helps!

armyguydan likes this.
  4. armyguydan

armyguydan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks Roaddog

5. smacky

smacky Banned

The phone is smart enough to pick up compatible formats. You can just drop it in the root of your SD card and the phone will recognize it. Putting it in folders only organizes it for you so you can remove songs more easily, but you don't have to. The phone does most of the work in finding it.