Where to test out the phone this week?

Last Updated:

1. acc97a

acc97a Member This Topic's Starter

I went in to Best Buy last week to see if they had any evo units to check out. The mobile phone guy at the sprint booth there said that they won't have them till June 4th and if they did get them in early then they still wouldn't allow me to see it before June 4th.

So then I go over to a big sprint store across the street, and ask the same thing. They say the same thing, no units before June 4th.

I know this can't be true, as I've seen plenty of people here talking about checking them out at stores. What am I doing wrong?

I'm in Austin, TX, a 4g market as well.

Advertisement
  2. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

Im also in Austin...let us know if you find somewhere. I have mine pre-ordered at the Best Buy near 183 and 45.

3. drakester

drakester Member

The Best Buys here in Houston have dummy units out so you can get a feel but no working models... maybe Sprint will have one on display?

4. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

Radioshack had one in yesterday that i played with. Go there and ask them if they happen to have one you can play with.

5. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

Kinda weird. You'd think they'd want to have several working units at BB, Radioshacks and Sprint stores in order to help create some buzz about the phone before launch

6. OneOleMan

OneOleMan Active Member

The only BB in Seattle doesn't carry anything Sprint, at least that's what they said, and the Sprint store across the street from BB could only give me a cardboard cut out. Whoopee! When I asked about pre-ordering they told me to go to their website. What a waste of time.

7. Bat~man

Bat~man Well-Known Member

Well wew have no stores here in Roanoke VA with working models, which is fine with me because if they have a working model that means one less phone to buy...might be the one I buy =O