Where to tie a phone charm on the samsung galaxy s3?Tips

1. xxchocopandaxx

xxchocopandaxx New Member

I can't seem to find where to put the phone charm on. Help anyone?

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

A phone charm? I've never heard of such a thing

:confused:
  3. scooter1942

scooter1942 Well-Known Member

there isnt one

i believe the OP is referring to the small opening with hook inside most phones where you can attach lanyards, small charms, and so on
  4. justaneonlol

justaneonlol Well-Known Member

I would never trust my phone dangling from my chest by a tiny piece of metal as support.
  5. breezex

breezex Well-Known Member

There is none. Get a tight fitting case, drill a small hole in it, and attach whatever to the case. I use a hard rubber/plastic case and holster from Verizon on my GS3 and the case part is a devil to remove and will not come off in normal use.
  6. GoldenDiamond

GoldenDiamond Well-Known Member

the only useful charms are the ones with a screen cleaner on them. I like the turtle ones! :)
  7. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

Seriously?! A phone charm?! Please tell me you aren't serious. Most phone charms will scratch your phone even with gorilla glass. Luckily the s3 has no where to hang them. You may not realise it now, but for you, that is a good thing
  8. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

9. teslas

teslas Well-Known Member

Asia is big on them. Just get a case and loop it through the charging and mic hole at the bottom.
  10. scooter1942

scooter1942 Well-Known Member

Not from your chest, from your wrist... They're just to prevent you from dropping your phone if it slips out of your hand. They're on just about every point and shoot in existence...
  11. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

I'm late getting in on this thread, and had posted a somewhat similar one yesterday. I am looking for the same hook. Not for a charm, but a lanyard/leash.

I carry my phone in a pocket on the outside of my purse, and just feel more secure when the phone is clipped to the purse. Not only secure in that it won't fall out of the pocket, but that it won't make for easy grabbing.

I'm a little surprised that since this exists in previous Samsung phones, they omitted it here. It doesn't really take up any real estate inside the phone.
  12. Sayasugizo

Sayasugizo Well-Known Member

airtioteclint likes this.
  13. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

Must be a girls thing. At least now I know what it's called.
  14. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

it's not silly when you like to use your phone as an MP3 player when you are cutting the grass and it's hot out.

I have been frustrated for a long time with the lack of options other than sticking it in my bra with the headphone cord wrapped around it only to have it fall out or get covered with sweat. Digging around in your bra to find a song or turn it down or answer a phone call is just ridiculous too.

I have even gone so far as to duct tape a piece of cord to the back so I can hang it around my neck. I don't use a case, hate them. It's really a simple concept and samsung is not the only device I have had with this problem. iProducts are no different. If you don't have a pocket you pretty much have to hold it and pockets are not always the answer when you are wearing headphones.

There are lots of lanyards out there, but nowhere to clip them too.

Carrying this phone around in Disneyland was a pain too, because it was my go to camera and I would have just liked to have had it hanging around my neck for easy access.
  15. V.Lee

V.Lee Well-Known Member

For the "hanging around the neck" scenario, check out "ileash" on ebay / youtube. I'm not associated with them, but had at one point looked at it for the Epic, which has the little loop holder.

They make a second version that tapes inside of the phone's cover. I might consider this one if it wasn't quite so home made looking. Too bad they can't keep the tape part the same but use the same quick connect as the other version.

Actually this thread does make me think that there could be a cottage industry for loop hooks that glue/tape inside of the cover of phones etc.

PS - since the guys may not realize it - a lot of women's clothing, especially office type, does not have pockets, so that really limits options as well.