Where vs. Aloqa vs. Places Directory vs...General

Last Updated:

1. cmotion

cmotion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Was wondering if people had any preferences between these or other similar programs... I've messed around with each a bit but haven't decided on a favorite yet.

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I have only used Places Directory and only this past weekend. It worked well and help us find a restaurant and hotel so I like it.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I've used Places Directory. It worked pretty good. "Where" is a rather large app (over 2mb). I'll have to play with Aloqa. Decent reviews.

4. stingerdl

stingerdl New Member

I really digg Geodelic, it has a nice interface and the listing is pretty nice for my small town.. Aloqa was a bit too bloated for my liking, I didnt try any of the others listed.

5. daknot

daknot Member

do any of these apps have the feature that sherpa does? "The app learns your tastes and preferences as you use it, so if you frequent a specific coffee house, the app will notify you if you are close to a similar one (or the same chain) in another area."

im trying to determine myself which one to get.

6. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

I've used both Where and Places Directory.

The only comment about Where I can make is that the gas prices listed on this app are usually dated by at least a couple of days. The prices are almost always wrong. As for the other features, it's alright.

PD is pretty cool.

7. Filipino.Cowboy

Filipino.Cowboy Well-Known Member

I have places, but if i'm trying to find a place I'll just hit search and type it in. Google does the rest. Unless i'm missing something...