Where will I find the apk filesSupport

1. zombie kat

zombie kat Active Member

Where will I find the apk files for apps I downloaded of the market. I wish to copy them to a device that is not supported by the app (may or may not work, my risk I know)

Thank you, Edward

Advertisement
    :
  2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Well-Known Member

Look in "My Files", "Download" or it could be "Downloaded" lol. I think some of them will be there.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

The actual app files themselves won't end up in your usual download folder.

There are lots of different app backup apps (e.g. this one) that you should be able to use - just install the app on both phones and transfer the backup data between sdcards.
    zombie kat likes this.
  4. alpha0990

I'm pretty sure that since the last time I did a factory reset, I haven't used the computer to install or paste any apps to the phone, just installed from the Market, and that some of the apk files are in that folder. I could be wrong though lol.
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I think free apps from the market are cached to the sdcard for a moment, before they are actually installed on the phone memory. I didn't think it was the download folder but you may be right.

They aren't labelled correctly though so I think the app is a bit more user friendly :)
  6. zombie kat

zombie kat Active Member

Worked a treat, well almost, it won
  7. alpha0990

I was using my pc before, now my phone. Only Skebby is in the Download folder.