• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

where'd my contact list go?

bad4183

Lurker
Sep 26, 2010
Hi everyone,

Sometime this weekend something strange happened with my HTC Droid Eris. I had it in safe mode in my pocket and I picked it up and found that my phone wasn't recognizing the majority of my contacts.

For some reason, it was recognizing 6 or 7 of my contacts (out of about the 50 or so I previously had on my phone). But there didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to why it was recognizing these 6 or 7 contacts. A couple of them I had recently called/texted, but others were random contacts whom I hadn't had any contact with in months. In addition, my favorites screen did not have any of my previous favorites listed. My call history and text message history showed my recent calls and texts, but it was just showing numbers.

I also noticed that other settings were different than before. For example, my phone was vibrating whenever I would send a text message (it never did this before). I found a way to change this back but this made me very confused as to what I could have possibly done to cause these changes.

Can anyone provide me any insight to what they think this problem could be, and if there's anyway to get my contact list back without having to re-add everyone back into my phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones