Where'd my lockscreen go?Support

Last Updated:

1. JohnBorgen

JohnBorgen Member This Topic's Starter

I'm feeling like a complete noob right now. I've changed something in my setup and now the lockscreen is gone completely. So, when I toggle the power button it just opens the phone, I really want to get my lockscreen back but I don't know how I did it.

I'm using a Droid X with OTA 2.2 and LauncherPro (unlocked)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Advertisement
  2. MacII

MacII Well-Known Member

Settings > Location & Security > Change Lock Screen

However you cannot just have the slider lock you must choose from Pattern, Pin, or Password security measures and then you get both the slider AND your new choice of security...the one thing I really dislike about the upgrade

3. JohnBorgen

JohnBorgen Member This Topic's Starter

I continued my searching over on the Moto Owners site and they're thinking this is a bug. Apparently, I should get just the slider lockscreen back by doing a factory reset. I'm in the process of that now and I'll post my results back here when I'm done.

By the way, if you're having this issue and you're using Exchange, there is a potential work-a-round of deleting the exchange account and adding it back in the brings the slider lockscreen back. I don't have exchange so I haven't been able to test it but there are a few people at the Moto Owners forum that have tried this and it worked.

4. MikeAce00

MikeAce00 Well-Known Member

I think MacII is on the money. The exchange pin is totally different. I don't think a reset will allow you to have just the slider with no other lock. Please do share your results after your reboot though.

Thanks,

Mike

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Glad I turned mine off before the update!

6. Riverman

Riverman Well-Known Member

I was missing my lock screen slider because I had turned it off while running 2.1. It was permanently MIA in 2.2. I did a master reset this morning and the lock slider is back. I don't have any other type of lock either, just the slider.

7. MacII

MacII Well-Known Member

Hmm that's interesting Riverman. I also had mine turned off in 2.1 and then no option to turn it back on after the update. So, for you is it now Slider only OR Slider + added security measure with no option to go straight into the phone?

8. weems

weems Active Member

I want to turn mine off because now I have the widget locker lock screen, the stock one, and a pattern lock.

9. Riverman

Riverman Well-Known Member

Yep, that's exactly how it is now. I miss having the option to go straight into the phone because the lick slider still isn't very smooth, and having to slide the lock and then enter a password or pattern is ridiculous.

10. MacII

MacII Well-Known Member

Definitely strange but good to know we can get the slider back if we want via factory reset (at least in your case). Right now I'm using nothing, but I'd like to just use the password or pattern lock with no slider. Hopefully that's on a list of fixes somewhere.

11. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member

mine did the same thing after I pulled the battery with rooted 2.1, not that it should've affected anything. I kinda like not having the slider bar...not too worried about it right now

12. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

I have the new lock screen. No pin, password. Just the new shiny lock screen. No factory reset either. Lol

13. extirpate

extirpate New Member

This same thing happened to my brand new galaxy s2. I kind of like it :)