1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support where'd snooze go?

1. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

On my Nexus 1 with CM7 whenever a calendar notification went off, it would show a dialog box with the event and the choice of 'snooze' or 'dismiss'.

With my Nexus 4, all I am shown is 'dismiss'. Did they do away with snooze and I have to install the Calendar Snooze app, or is there some new swipe method in Android I don't know about yet?

Advertisement
  2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Yeah - it's definitely not obvious!

You have to pull down notifications bar and snooze the reminder from there - definitely not intuitive when you have a big box in the middle of the screen with just a Dismiss All button. There really ought to be a snooze option right on that box.

EDIT: just tested this and snoozed the alert. I then forgot all about it until some time after the alert would have appeared again. This time there was no Snooze option in the notifications bar.

Not sure if this means you only get one snooze or you have to respond to the alert within a period of time in order to get a further option to snooze.

Frankly, it's a bit pants either way: I expect to be able to snooze an alert until such time as I either dismiss it or edit the calendar entry.
  3. 9713iw

9713iw New Member

got mine yesterday, looks good, but set the alarm for this morning which duly worked but couldnt switch the thing off, tried everything which at 6.10 was not alot. Eventually switched the thing off and on again!. For tomorrow I thing I have set the volume controls as the off swithch so heres hoping!

as aye

iain
  4. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Yeah - first time my alarm went off I had exactly the same issue.

Seems you have a one-time shot at turning the alarm off / snoozing by swiping left or right immediately you pick up the phone. If you don't do that and - say - tap the screen accidentally (easily done in an early morning, 80% asleep, fumble), then you're .. stuffed (technical term).

At least, that's how it appears to me.