Where's all the hype for this phone?

1. schmunkey

schmunkey Active Member

I am extremely interested in upgrading to this phone when it comes out but I'm a little concerned as to what appears to be a lack of interest. One of the things that makes a great phone is a big community working towards root, sharing tips and tricks etc. I remember the Incredible forum was going nuts a month or so before it's release and the Shadow appears to he just as good if not better.

Advertisement
  2. benne13

benne13 Active Member

I dont think enough information has been released yet about this phone, thus little hype at the moment
  3. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

I too am extremely excited for this phone and will probably upgrade to it. I think that there isn't a lot of hype about it yet because people don't know of how good this phone will be. Probably because when people hear motoblur they think of a devour or cliq... however the shadow is far from that. Once it is officially announced I guarantee there will be a ton more people that are interested
  4. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

There can be many reasons for the hype being low. First off is Moto has been spotty in resent years about good handsets. Secondly is the fact that since the Droid they have locked the bootloader of every phone they have released. Thirdly the fact that so many higher end phones have been hitting the carriers want to keep the pre-relesae hype down some since it could affect sales of current phones. Lastly because of the first point HTC is really considered the king of android handsets so they get much more press right now.
  5. tsecurity

tsecurity New Member

I read every post on the Dinc prerelease threat (that shows you what kind of life I have). I had my ups and down with the rest of you. I got to know many posters and almost feel they are my friends. I picked the Dinc up the day it came out. i loved the phone. But,,,8 hours of battery life (even after doing 'the trick'). Also, the font size is so small, even my storm could change fonts size. I'm not that old but putting glasses on to read my contact list is too much. (Handcent did work for texting). The Shadow may do the trick with the 4.1 screen. I hope. I have nothing to lose. I can get another Dinc, i took mine back after 30 days. I want the shadow to be my next phone. I just hope it comes out soon. Does anyone think the bigger screen will help guys like me that need reading glasses on occasion?
  6. murdoc158

murdoc158 Well-Known Member

How does this affect our community? What exactly does a locked bootloader do or cripple?
  7. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

The reason that there was a lot of hype for the Dinc especially on AF was because most of the leaks came from this site, and so there were a lot of people checking here for info and they subsequently joined the forum, now for the Shadow, most of the releases are coming from howard forums, also, the Dinc had prototypes and a video since january so there was a lot of buildup to the release. For the shadow really we just got the picture of it last week, so the buildup will come but not yet, and the rest of the population is not checking websites everyday like we are for new gadgets....as soon as we get some more information the hype will build.
  8. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

Go over and read the milestone forums here and see what they think of the locked bootloader and what it does to you.