1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Where's JellyBean???General

Last Updated:

1. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Mine is just installing... 90% ish lol

Advertisement
  2. buddy1983

buddy1983 Well-Known Member

Downloading the update now after following xda,
  3. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

JB is downloading now!
  4. jimbobcook

All is done and working :)
  5. mr mac

mr mac Member

Got my notification this morning, downloaded and installed.

My One X is now with Vodafone for repair........
    The SIM unlock screen came up with no keyboard.

Back on my old Desire until they return my One X.
  6. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

quite a quick update, a few apps needing updating once it restarted... definitely smoother you can tell straight away even though phone was pretty smooth before. I think it's just little things like when you turn the phone in camera mode the icons turn with it, makes it just that little bit better
  7. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

ouch...

I feel for you there man. Not cool :p
  8. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Quite agree with you there, makes a great phone brilliant.
    All my benchmark tests are faster since the update.
  9. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

does anyone know if this force update trick thing works with AT&T branded models? my guess is not but I want to make sure.
  10. polaris68

polaris68 Member

I think I'll wait a few days to see if this update causes any major problems!
  11. camel_chops

camel_chops Active Member

12. Hoppy

Hoppy Well-Known Member

Just tried to download the files and all I get is "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable" :(
  13. shaunuk

shaunuk Member

I have the 2 files, copied onto phone, installed ok.
    Rebooted and checked for updates, no updates found???

What am i missing? (im unbranded,sim free)

EDIT!!

Now downloading?!?

Did it all again, but this time took it off airplane mode, (was just on wifi), now working.
  14. Hoppy

Hoppy Well-Known Member

Files downloaded and Installed, Updating as I type YESSSSSSSSSSSS :)
  15. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

I've got a htc_001 and downloaded the apps and force the update,

On the whole I am very very impressed, the new keyboard is cool, the voice typing works brilliant, and the improvements of project butter are great as well, and that's all I've noticed so far,

Couple of odd little things though, I can't get my wallpaper to be scrollable any more, and I'm not too sure on the battery improvements yet, without power save on my phone seems to be back to heating up alot and with it on all of the widgets have to reload every time I scroll to that page of the home screen.
    Will see how it goes though

Definitely a brilliant update overall
  16. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Anyone with HTC_J15 CID and received the update, guys? Or anyone in the Middle East in general? Thanks
  17. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

The wallpaper doesn't scroll no more because HTC have gone back to the cube for sense as it was in gingerbread.
    If you notice when you scroll through the screens it doesn't stop at the end but continues round.
    Much better in my opinion.
  18. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

Ah right that explains it then, just thought I might have missed a setting somwhere,

I must agree though I like the been able to scroll all the way around, just makes finding a good HD correct sized wallpaper a little more difficult :)

And scratch what I said about the widgets reloading was my mistake,
  19. jimbobcook

I'm finding that after the update my battery life is somewhat worse... From 100% after 3 hours I'm on 74% I haven't had any phone calls just sent about 50 texts... Been on fb a few times lol

Bugger!
  20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We got this on Sprint last week and the consensus is in several parts.

For some, a factory data reset fixed it, for others, checking sync frequency of social apps, and for others, Google Now was the culprit.

Hope this helps! :)
    El Presidente and scary alien like this.
  21. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I miss rollouts, I can't even run a Sense JB ROM either because my CID isn't on the compatible list.

It's also not the first time I've heard Google Now be a battery killer. Certainly when I run CM10/AOKP ROMs unless I turn off location services/Google Now, my battery life is atrocious.
  22. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

does anyone know what the compatible CID list is for this force update method? I'm assuming it doesn't work on LTE/S4 models (such as the AT&T one I am on)
  23. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

Really impressed with this update so far, it's the subtle little things like the change in keyboard and the speed of the browser has improved massively.. also pleased with the camera now, the hdr mode is class and runs so quick. Think the Google now thing is ok, can't really see myself using it much although I'm amazed at how well it deals with my Geordie accent :D battery is still going, won't know until tomorrow although I've been on it constantly.
  24. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Has anyone tried USB OTG yet?
  25. R Deep Singh

R Deep Singh Well-Known Member

What is the main menu looking like for you guys? Mine pretty much looks the same as ICS but I thought we were suppose to have a nice JB one!