Where's JellyBean???General

1. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

Im getting the same thing,

For me its not happening on music that is stored on my phone but is alot when watching streamed videos on the net or YouTube videos

This led me to think its possibly something to do with the internet connection although im not sure why or how connection would make the sound click.

It also does seem to happen alot more when im using mobile internet or have a weak wifi signal

It would be nice if the JB update did solve this :)
  2. Mr roley mole

Mr roley mole Member

My fix to this when headphones are plugged in is turn off the beats and it's fine :)
  3. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

I finally installed CID getter...

CWS__001

Anyone know what that means?

I'm assuming the CWS is from cingular wireless (the company ATT acquired forever ago to make their wireless business) but what does the 001 part mean?
  4. ohadfreund

ohadfreund Well-Known Member

According to this list it's the only CID from ATT, so it probably has no meaning.
    Needed all htc cid list ??? [Archive] - GSM-Forum
    GuitarG20 likes this.
  5. GuitarG20

my daily mashing of the update button yielded a loop where it kept checking and wouldn't tell me anything... hope that's a disguise for a good thing.
  6. kevinlufc

kevinlufc Well-Known Member

I went mad checking on my Desire for the Gingerbread update.

Resisting the urge to check up every 2 mins just to see if its here. I was very disappointed with last update. So going to be very calm and collected....
  7. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

They are reporting over on xda that a couple of bugs were found on the original release, so it's been delayed. Best guess now is next week.
    GuitarG20 and polaris68 like this.
  8. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

I'll stop waiting for now then lol cheers
  9. GuitarG20

yup, thanks. Due to AT&T I probably won't get it till May of next year anyways
  10. Trollatoppan

Trollatoppan Well-Known Member

Yup, if you have a branded phone, expect at least 1-2 later...
  11. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

aaaaaah ...when will this waiting stop ? X(
  12. polaris68

polaris68 Member

HTC released this phone over a month before the S3 yet it has been nearly a month since the S3 got jelly bean.

No wonder HTC are losing customers!
  13. razvan06

I do not fully agree with you my friend ...Samsung may have released 4.1 a month ago, but if what GSMA and ENGADGET wrote about the HOX update that was supposedly benchmarked a few days ago [from the lucky bastard who got it...] then we are in for a really nice treat !!
    If ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is true than all this waiting time is worth it !
  14. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Yep, and looking at what they've done with Sense, I think this will be worth the wait.
  15. razvan06

Still i hope to receive it before the 8th :D it would be a GREAT gift !
  16. coos lick

Don't believe the hype. My wife has an unbranded UK S3. She doesn't care about updates (it works for her as is). I've been checking the last week or so for her - and it still hasn't reached her handset. Just get a message that the update is released in the order that it is requested - please try later!!!
    WTF! If that was my phone I would be pissed off with that.
  17. Trollatoppan

Trollatoppan Well-Known Member

Connect the phone to Kies and update it that way.
  18. GuitarG20

YES. If the reviews are anything to speak of, I might not be so tempted to jump ship to a AOSP-based ROM anymore.
  19. coos lick

Fair point - if it was mine I would :)
    There is no notification on her phone to say it is available though.
    Do wonder why they just can't OTA everybody without messing about with kies.
  20. polaris68

polaris68 Member

All of my friends with S3s got it OTA. For a few of them the update actually dis improved their phones, they had to do factory resets.

So fair enough, if HTC need more time to get their update right they should take it. But we were told we'd have it by October.
    jimbobcook likes this.
  21. Juddanator

Juddanator Member

Has anybody posted a video of the official jelly bean update running on their Onex?
  22. GuitarG20

there's a ton of videos on xda and youtube, but as for whether its the official OTA update, or a flashed version of a leak, no one can say
  23. Cessquill

Cessquill Well-Known Member

Considering there are no comments or links to articles suggesting anybody has received an official update in the wild yet, I'm guessing they're flashed.

Patiently waiting though.
  24. dencio

dencio Member

Hi guys, newbie here. Just got my HTC one X last week and im happy with my beast!! Im expat living in bangkok and read that jelly bean and sense + are out in the asia market. I tried to update the software through settings but no jelly update yet. Is there something i need to turn on or off? Appreciate your tips guys
  25. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi dencio, they're just rumours at the moment, if you read the link in the first post, it was supposed to start rolling out last week, but no one seems to have it yet. :(
    dencio likes this.