• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wheres my memory go? few other questions..

Oct 26, 2010
i have a couple month old sprint hero with the sprint software/firmware that comes on it and a couple questions

when i open advanced task killer after powering up my phone, even though there is a bunch of crap running i still have like 50-70k memory available, i kill unused/junk apps like sprint zone, IM, gps etc.. then i only have the basics going and its closer to 80k, hours later same couple apps running i will have like 30k memory and the phone seems slow. anyone?

any way to get rid of the lag on the actual phone part of the phone ?(dailing, ending calls etc..)

is there anyway to change what programs start with the phone? i see where it says run at startup or whatever in manage apps but i cant change it, i hate that sprint zone, gps, IM, and whatever always starts with the phone. id like to just remove sprint zone and all nascar/NFL/ sports crap but i havent had time to figure out how

i have a couple month old sprint hero with the sprint software/firmware that comes on it and a couple questions

when i open advanced task killer after powering up my phone, even though there is a bunch of crap running i still have like 50-70k memory available, i kill unused/junk apps like sprint zone, IM, gps etc.. then i only have the basics going and its closer to 80k, hours later same couple apps running i will have like 30k memory and the phone seems slow. anyone?

any way to get rid of the lag on the actual phone part of the phone ?(dailing, ending calls etc..)

is there anyway to change what programs start with the phone? i see where it says run at startup or whatever in manage apps but i cant change it, i hate that sprint zone, gps, IM, and whatever always starts with the phone. id like to just remove sprint zone and all nascar/NFL/ sports crap but i havent had time to figure out how

I know sprint told you to use a taskkiller, but it is unnecessary. Android will take care of itself, as long as you back out of apps and don't just press the home button. This link will help you understand why...

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/26997-task-managers-your-hero.html?highlight=taskiller

The only sure way to get rid of lag is to root your phone and load a custom rom. Other fixes work for some people, but rooting is pretty much guaranteed to help. Here is a rooting thread for you...

http://androidforums.com/sprint-her...g-guide-updated-7-10pm-est-aug-30-2010-a.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones