Support Where's my Online Directories Icon?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joleen, Jun 19, 2011.

1. joleen

joleen New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    HI THERE!

i've been using htc incredible s for a few months (my first htc phone) and it has been an awesome gadget. However, i have been experiencing several annoying errors.

1) Duplicated contacts
    I made sure that i only saved my contacts to the phone and did a back up to sd card. i had disabled all other contacts to be shown in the 'All' tab in 'People' application. however, the contact randomly duplicated itself and the deleted ones kept coming back. i tried deleting the previous contact backup and cleaned my gmail contacts, but the unwanted and duplicated contacts kept coming back. i linked up my contacts and i have like 3 or 4 duplicated 'phone' contacts linking up together. it's annoying especially when u wanted to edit any of them.

2) MISSING GLOBE ICON
    i use to be able to assess to the Online Directories function. (People -> Globe Icon -> Facebook / Twitter for HTC Sense, Plurk etc.) Just yesterday the icon was gone, all of a sudden! i am left with 3 icons (All, Groups and Call History). i couldnt get it back even after resetting my phone to factory setting.

HELPPPPP! i wanna link my contacts to facebook and twitter for htc sense like before!

Advertisement

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    For the duplicate contacts problem, login to your gmail account using a PC, click on contacts, then the "more options" button, then find and merge duplicates. Not sure what the second issue is all about.

4. hrld

hrld Member

May 9, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    I have the same problem with the Online Directories-icon. It just disappeared today. Did you find a fix?