• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's our 720P

Rooting is easy, and not harmful to your phone. I've rooted, installed a custom bootloader, experienced the displeasure of not liking a certain build, tried some others, and have even reverted back to stock firmware. (still unlocked now of course, but back to the stock recovery image and stock firmware)

Why am I saying this? You shouldn't have any fear of doing it. There's a reason why you bought this phone, and it's openness to doing this sort of thing is very likely one of them.

Upvote 0
The root(720p) and stock video rates are only 20fps. Would be nice to get 720p at 30fps without root.

I couldn't agree with you more! I feel the only thing im missing is 720p and 30fps with my Nexus. If Google could somehow give us an update to enable that I swear I would probably never switch my phone for anything else as I am like married to my Nexus.
Please Google, drop that bombshell and release an update for that feature and the Nexus will be untouchable (imo anyways)

Upvote 0
Rooting is easy, and not harmful to your phone. I've rooted, installed a custom bootloader, experienced the displeasure of not liking a certain build, tried some others, and have even reverted back to stock firmware. (still unlocked now of course, but back to the stock recovery image and stock firmware)

Why am I saying this? You shouldn't have any fear of doing it. There's a reason why you bought this phone, and it's openness to doing this sort of thing is very likely one of them.

You know, im actually not scared of doing many things...ill try most things once and twice if I like it lol. But when it comes to a phone that I dished out over $600 for that I absolutly love, Im a chicken when it comes to rooting. Id let someone do it for me, but I dont think there is a way in hell ill actually take the leap and try it myself. The last thing I need is to brick my Nexus...and lemme tell ya, thats just my luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones