• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where's the best place to get a wall charger/USB cable?

Hi Folks,

All I'm looking for is a duplicate of the wall charger/usb cable that came with the Droid. That and the ability to buy it online.

The Verizon website doesn't seem to carry it - has anyone had any luck anywhere else? A retailer they can recommend? I've mucked about on NewEgg and Amazon but have not found it.

Thanks in advance!

+1 on Monoprice, I have used monoprice for all my cable needs for years every since I learned about it from the guys over at avsforums. Where else can you get a high quality 6 foot hdmi cable for $4.09, not at Radio Shack anymore...

Walked into one of those stores this past summer. Asked the guy behind the counter if they had any ferrite chokes for speaker wires. He didn't know what I was talking about, so I walked out. They're useless anymore.

Upvote 0
Agreed about Radio Shack. Totally worthless place to shop anymore. Expensive,they don't have a clue what you want and their choices are way down from where they used to be. I second,third,etc etc the Monoprice deal. GREAT place for cords and just bought a wall mount real cheap for my LCD TV there. Like a tenth of the price they ask at Bestbuy. Same with any HDMI cords you may need,WAY cheaper! Insane to shop anywhere else,really....

Upvote 0
I've been referring people to monoprice.com for all cables -- HDTV, ethernet, USB, etc. They have been really insanely reliable, always priced inexpensively, and I've never seen any issues with quality. If you plan ahead with your needs (like don't try running to Sears for an HDTV cable) you will save hundreds of dollars. I never recommend vendors like this, fwiw.

Upvote 0
So using non Motorola cables will not effect the rate at which the phone charges? I thought I read the charger that came with the phone was a rapid charger.

Also USB A or USB 2, micro's and whatever else they call them. What size do I need for the phone end and the other end?

Thanks

Ron

Rapid charger refers to the number of milliAmps it puts out. Most usb chargers are 500mA, the motorola one is 850mA, monoprice has two that are 1000mA, so they will work as well as the motorola one.

The end that goes in the phone is micro usb. The other end depends on what you are plugging it in to, but most computers and chargers are USB A.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones