Where's the complaint room for Mobi readers/.PRC

Last Updated:

1. sparky7474

sparky7474 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok Is there any reader out there for the Hero that can actually READ .PRC books (I.e. Mobibooks). I guess its sort of my fault for not just picking the PDF format.. *SIGH* BTW LOVE MY HERO!!! This is my very first complaint.... WoOhooo!

Any suggestion or idea's would be MUCH appreciated.

:D

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

3. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

This won't help you now with your .PRC files if you've already purchased a bunch of them but I REALLY like the Aldiko reader. It reads epubs and you can download tons of books for free straight from the app and they are working on integrating a catalog to purchase books as well. Or you can just purchase epub books from places like eBooks.com The World's Leading Source of eBooks and transfer them to the phone.

4. kbussen

kbussen Well-Known Member

I also use Aldiko. Also found a free program that converts .pdf into epub so i can use with it.

5. flammenwurfer

Same here. I'm using Calibre. I've only converted one book and it didn't do very well detecting and seperating by chapters. Oh well, Aldiko remembers the page you were on when you open it back up so it's not a big deal. What converter are you using kbussen?

sparky7474: It appears Calibre will convert .PRC files to .epub, or to any other format for that matter so you can use them with any reader. I've never tried it though so I'm not sure how well it actually works. If you try it, let me know how it does.

6. kbussen

kbussen Well-Known Member

Im using Calibre as well. I have only converted one book but it seperated the chapters just fine. May have just been the book.

7. flammenwurfer

Yeah, I'm guessing it was the format of the original pdf throwing it off. I just left the chapter detection at the default setting.

8. sparky7474

sparky7474 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info guys, I can always depnd on this forum you guys all have intelligent answer errrr... sometimes WAIT except for the that one guy who stated the HERO was a failure.... TOOL!:D

I still laugh at the comments!

9. flammenwurfer

No problem!

Haha, I avoided the Hero failure thread altogether. I love the phone.