Where's The Vertical Bar Key?Support

Last Updated:

1. ftmacko

ftmacko New Member This Topic's Starter

Meaning the key that is usually typed by shifting the back slant key and looks like this ( | ). It's used in some search engines such as Craigslist as a glyph for "or". I may be overlooking it. If someone else has already figured this out, please share it with me.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Well-Known Member

Press the 12# key. Press the 1/2 key, and it's in the middle of the screen, right below the \ key. It's also called a pipe.

3. ftmacko

Thanks John and I may not be calling it by the correct name but I'm needing the solid vertical bar. I've tried the broken bar and it does not perform the same "or" function.

The Craigsnotifca App is my favorite and most used so it's a little frustrating.

Todd

4. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Well-Known Member

It should be the same character. The key on my keyboard that produces "|" is the same key as on the DI keyboard, only the DI keyboard renders it with the space in the middle.

I can't imagine why it doesn't work. I know this is a long way around, but can you copy and paste it? Email yourself the bar, then copy it and then paste it into your app. See if that works.

5. ftmacko

That's an idea. I can just type up all my searches on different lines and then copy and paste them to the app's search box.

I'll have to shoot an email to the app's designer and let him know of the problem and see if they can plug in a fix.

Thanks!

6. xyzsb

xyzsb Active Member

Issue 166

Read the last post. If you are brave enough you can try the modified keyborad from xda developers which sends a ascii pipe.