wheres the water damage indicator?

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

where is the water damage indicator on the droid?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Should be a little white dot with red X's under the battery.
  3. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Under the battery cover, next to the camera, white with red x's
  4. iamloco724

if its a red x is that bad?
  5. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

no, if the red dissapears it means there is water damage.
  6. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

It would be bad if it's all red..... or not
  7. iamloco724

well thats 2 conflicting statements is water damage if red is gone or if its all red..only reason im bring this all up is because i opened my battery door and i never noticed that red there before maybe im just oblivious lol
  8. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I believe the little red X's are designed to dissolve if they get wet, producing a reddish-pinkish tone over the whole dot. If you see little X's you're good. Anything else could be trouble.
  9. iamloco724

alright thanks for the info..dont kno why i didnt notice it there before
  10. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

My experience with Motorola has always been that the indicator turns red after getting wet, that's why I answered the way I did initially.
  11. brettlewis

different indicators are used by different service providers, its not a manufacturer choice, the carrier chooses the sensor

edit: i might be wrong about what colors will change to what, but as long as the pattern is well defined, you know you are fine.
  12. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

I've always heard that you'll have an all red circle if it gets dunked.
  13. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

My experience in the cellular, and two way radio fields dates back to 1986, I have worked for AT&T (the original), Cellular One, Nynex, Bell Atlantic Mobile, Verizon, Nextel, Sprint (before and after the merger)
    Every Motorola phone that I have ever touched that had a Liquid Damage Indicator, no matter which carrier it was made for.... the LDI turned red when exposed to liquid.
  14. tonloc_45371

tonloc_45371 Active Member

I am a little concerned now. I removed my battery cover and the indicator is red with a white x / + sign. This thing has never seen water. I am interested in exactly what other Droid owners indicators look like. Note: I got my droid on day 1.
  15. brettlewis

that is fine. once it turns a solid color, it is bad.

I had an LG phone that busted, brought it to the store, they told me it had water damage because of the label. I live in arizona, and they guy told me it was most likely damaged from humidity, yeah, humidity, in Arizona.... these things are pretty sensitive, and as long as your convincing enough, your problem will be take care of.
  16. brettlewis

Thats not what im saying, what I mean is, all the "ldi's" for verizon phones are the same, at least for the 5 phones I have had with Verizon. I assume that they use a certain kind so that they are all uniform.
  17. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

mine has red x's also or a + depending on how you look at it... so is mine water damaged? its never even seen rain...
  18. brettlewis

19. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Can confirm the hard way this is the case.