Which 2.1 rom should I use, not enough info to decide

Last Updated:

1. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been browsing on this forum and the Incredible roms blog, but it's hard to find enough infomation on the different 2.1 roms to decide which one I should use one my Incredible.

I'm looking for:

Vanilla 2.1 (I'm assuming that 2.2 froyo isn't stable enough yet)
    Internal phone storage access
    Working Camera
    Working Bluetooth
    Working wifi

Where should I be looking? Any rom recommnedations? or do I have to just try out different roms (which seems like a hassle).

Advertisement
  2. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

If you are interested in 2.2 they just got the camera working today. Check out this thread http://androidforums.com/roms-incredible/133155-camera-froyo.html . The only one of your criteria it doesn't match is being able to access the built in phone storage. I haven't been able to access it on mine. I can only access the sd card. I have been playing with it today and it has been stable.

Before I wen't froyo I liked ozzeh unrevolved rom. It does everything you are wanting. It is a stock rom that has had pretty much all the htc sense stuff stripped out of it. It worked great with a hydra kernal. http://incredibleroms.com/roms/ozzeh/

3. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I'll give that one a try. (hate to see the 8gb internal storage go to waste)

Glad you mentioned about the Hydra kernel. I do want to use the undervolt kernel.

4. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

Yeah I like the hydra undervolt kernal. I tried using it with the cyanogenmod rom but the camera wont work with 2.2 and that kernal. I hope someone can get the hydra kernal working with the camera and 2.2