Which Android Phone on Verizon?

Last Updated:

1. Jinsta

Jinsta Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Well, I'm up for an upgrade and from what I have seen the best on Verizon are the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and the Samsung Fascinate. I understand that there are pros/cons for each such as the default search engine being Bing on the Fascinate.

Well, I heard a lot of good things about the Sense UI on the DINC and I like how its not a huge brick like the Droid X.. I honestly think the hardware and the overall aesthetics of the Fascinate is the best out of all of them and I love how its the medium 4' screen (Just the perfect size). But, I have heard the Touch Wiz UI is horrible and the Bing search engine...

Anyways, I sort of need help in deciding which one I am going to get. I'm leaning the strongest towards the incredible, then the fascinate, then the X.

One reason the Incredible turns me off is that it has been released for a while and it doesn't have the "newest phone" feel.

Thanks in advance~

Advertisement
  2. milleray

milleray New Member

I think I am going to try the Droid X, even though there is no "real" keyboard, I am willing to give it a try. I currently have a BB Tour, I love how easy it is to set up email, but it is getting old when it is the only good thing it does.

3. bigcheez

bigcheez Member

I originally ordered the Droid X and switched to the Droid 2 and am very pleased.
    The 2 has a hardware keyboard.
    The 2's screen is smaller but the same resolution as the X.
    The 2 has a longer talk time w/ a smaller battery compared to the X.

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Just so you know there are already work arounds for the Bing problem. You don't even need to root: Got it! Google widget works now. Bing is dead! - Android Forums . And as for Touch Wiz. DL Launcher Pro from the Market, many prefer it over TouchWiz. You can also get Home Switcher and toogle back between the two UI's

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

while the d2 is rated at longer batt life, the recent android comparison test on a bunch of sites like droid-life actually puts the droid x as the best battery life, followed by dell streak, than d2 and the galaxy s phones at the bottom.

6. Jinsta

Jinsta Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the .apk file but I have no idea what to do after that.. Can I get some help?

I'm a noob when it comes to rooting phones etc.

7. kodiak kid

kodiak kid Well-Known Member

I have the droid X (first android phone). I was at bestbuy to purchase the D2 outright, but they actually had the X in stock. I get at least 18 hrs on battery with lots of games, pandora, talking, txting, etc. I went to this from a Blackberry Storm 2...and will say I will never go back to a blackberry! Hope this helps!

8. spb21

spb21 Well-Known Member

I was a little worried about the size of the X before I bought it. I'm a guy who thought the Blackberry Pearl was the perfect size. Now that I have it, the X is not too big. In fact it seems smaller in my hand than my wife's D2. And I do not miss the physical keyboard of the Blackberry Curve. Whatever minor advantages it may have had are faaaar surpassed by the gain in screen size.