Which android phone suits me?

Last Updated:

1. ringo14

ringo14 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry i know this has been posted main times just bare with me thanks.

So i deiced i want an android phone but there so many to choose from and each of them have specs the other does't so hard to pick.
    These the features i am really looking for.

*slide out qwerty keyboard ( if possible or the touchscreen has a good on screen qwerty)

* a good camera at least around 5mp and above . also good quality pics (front camera as well)

* a good screen size , around 3 inches+ and good resolution.

* good specs for e.g : a good speed ( if possible around 1 ghz ) , good internal hard drive ( around 16 gb+) and a good android os

* a really good touch screen that works smoothly and does't lag

Thats around what i am looking in for a android phone

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Any particular carrier?

If a front facing camera is a must the Sprint Epic 4G sounds like your only option (off the top of my head). If you can ditch the camera I'd say the Verizon Droid 2 or the soon to be released HTC Merge with the slider keyboard.

I'm not really familiar with the non-Verizon offerings, although I know that AT&T's lineup of Android phones is pretty slim.

3. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

If you have waited this long, I would say wait a little longer, see what the carriers offer for Christmas. If you are looking to make a move now, then what the poster above me said is correct. Epic for the front facing camera, Droid 2 for a great phone with a keyboard.

4. crewchief227

crewchief227 Well-Known Member

I say the epic is right up your ally as well but I have an EVO and believe me with the screen size I have no problems with the on-screen keyboard so if not having a physical keyboard a deal breaker then it is hard to beat the EVO

5. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Depends on your carrier:

Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint)
    Motorola Droid 2 (Verizon)
    T-Mobile G2

6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i would say... you are putting the cart before the horse.

pick the RIGHT carrier for your needs and locations and prices. In the long run.. the carrier will make or break your experience.

then see what they have in phone choices.

7. Mortus

Mortus Well-Known Member

Unless you have already sold yourself into servitude to your current carrier, though I have to say of the carriers available to me here in Canada the Android phone selection is less than impressive. In the end remaining a contract slave to Telus was my best bet as the Milestone (Virtually Identical to the Droid.) was the only phone that met my needs as I am far more comfortable with a physical keyboard.

8. ringo14

I am not in the usa so phones that only support one carrier would not work for me.

i kinda like the look for the droid 1 and 2 , but as i mentioned before that i can't use a phone that only supports one carrier.

any other phone that does't only support one carrier?

9. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I know you may find this to be dumb but would a little more information be useful if you are non US user. For example in your country of residence what is the wireless phone system. Is it GSM or CDMA this is very important to know which device to recommend. On the basis of what I already know is that most of the word is going to GSM standard so that would be all the T-Mobile phones. AT&T is not worth even talking about. So again need more info.

10. ringo14

my carrier uses gsm and my carrier name is called " dialog "

11. ringo14

I really like this 3 phones

DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC
    DROID X by MOTOROLA
    DROID 2 by MOTOROLA

tho its a shame that i can't use this over here and i heard there is gonna be droid 2 global edition probably which means i can use it over here

12. lesarmitage

lesarmitage New Member