Which Android Phone to buy?

Last Updated:

1. Speed_419

Speed_419 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking at purchasing an Android phone. I am not sure which is the best one to get, but I was thinking of 3 different ones to chose from. I like the HTC Incredible, maybe the Motorola Droid X, or the Samsung Fascinate. Has anyone tried any of these side by side? I have seen and like the Incredible, but the Samsung makes me consider it due to the Amoled screen. Any suggestions would be helpful!!.
    Thanks,
    Speed...

Advertisement
  2. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member

If you get an Incredible very soon, there's a chance that it'll have an AMOLED screen as well. I have read that it is switching over to an SLCD screen, if it hasn't already, but I also read yesterday that someone just got one in the mail and it was AMOLED.

If you prefer HTC's Sense UI, the Incredible is the way to go if you're also OK with having a smaller screen (3.7" vs. 4.3"). If the larger screen is your preference, and you don't mind not having Sense, then the Droid X is the way to go. Keep in mind, some people have complained about the Droid X being uncomfortably large in their pocket, but others have said that they either got used to it or it was fine from the get go.

I am not at all familiar with the Samsung Fascinate, so I did not take it into account in the comparison that I posted above.

3. Tinkeybird

Tinkeybird New Member

I went from the original Motorola Droid to the Droid X and it's FABULOUS. Being a 44 year old mom I appreciate the larger screen for my book apps. I don't miss my physical QWERTY keyboard at all. I have zero complaints abou my new Droid X. Now I don't ever put it in a pocket though, I throw it in my purse so the larger size is not an issue for me. Good luck in your choice.

4. GeorgeinLA

GeorgeinLA Well-Known Member

Don't get the Fascinate, it's got Bing locked as the search engine.