0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Others (Please Specify)

7.1%

Last Updated:

1. Sler

Sler Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, my first thread here.
    I live in Canada, so I don't get much of smartphone selections up here.
    Here's several phone that I think I will like, and I want you guys to help me decide.

Phones I think I would like, and some basic understanding from me of the pros and cons(I love the HTC Droid Incredible the best, too bad we dont have it up here :[ ):

HTC Desire

Pro:
    Sense UI

No Cons

Galaxy S Vibrant

Pro:
    Super AMOLED Screen (Although I know that the iPhone 4 screen is brighter)
    4" Display

Cons:
    Lagging Issues
    No Flash on camera
    a lot of little software issues

UPDATE: Galaxy S Captivate is coming to us, I think it has the same pros and cons except less software issue but no front facing camera

iPhone 4

Pros:
    Better Music Player
    Great Support (Obviously a very popular phone)
    Definitly a lot of better apps, for now

Cons:
    No Adobe Flash
    Blocking Signals, although I know from friends that it is not a big issue at all

if you got a good point that another phone might be better, i might change my mind

EDIT: I've turned this post into a poll.

Advertisement
  2. usml

usml Active Member

Galaxy S is called "captivatge" by AT&T. I own one. What software issues?
    They sold 800k of it in S. Korea in just a few monthes.

3. Sler

um, are we talking about the galaxy S Vibrant, like the one that is like the iphone rival?

cause in the forums there are 2 sub sections, the samsung vibrant and samsung galaxy S sooo

but anyways here in the forums they say it has lag issues and something about kies? and then there were some problem with the gps?

Im not sure, it might be a different phone, im confused.

4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I would take the Vibrant. Fastest cpu, gpu, bigger screen, TV Out is amazing, I hear from folks the multimedia features are very nice. And thats the newest phone on your list.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I've moved your thread to the android lounge, since it's not news related.

Welcome to the forum Sler :)

6. Sler

actually desire, galaxy s, and iphone all have a 1ghz processor, and ive seen reviews on youtube and the iphone screen is actually brighter than the galaxy. but no doubt it has the largest screen

and thanks for the thread move :)

7. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

They're all the same phone: identical internals, slightly different exterior.

What is a kies?

8. Dan0myte

Dan0myte Well-Known Member

Hey Sler, I'm in the same position as you. Sasktel just flipped on their 3G+ network so now I'm trying to make the same decision.

iPhone: I don't want to be controlled by Apple, telling me what I can and can't install on my phone. That's the reason I run a PC and not a Mac desktop, I like my freedom.

HTC Desire: You have to go with Telus, which you can see as either good or bad. But people say since it's been in the market longer it's more refined and less glitchy. The housing makes it look dated though.

Galaxy S Vibrant: Newest phone of the bunch, looks great from an asthetics standpoint, has a great screen, but the programming is poor and lags so using it can be frustrating. People have rooted the phone and added RAM caching programming to speed it up but then that can be dangerous if you kill the phone's power without letting it clear the cache. You could potentially brick the phone.

I think I may go with the Desire just for the reliability factor.

9. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Whoa...interesting. Thats the first time I ever heard about it being dangerous. I assume u mean the lag fix?

10. Sler

to clear things up guys, it turns out the galaxy s we have up here is called "Galaxy S Vibrant", but it should actually be the Galaxy S i9000 for you guys. If you look up Bell Galaxy S Vibrant you will know what i mean.

Samsung has made a really bad choice IMO to seperate the galaxy s into so many model, it is so confusing, took me 4 days to figure this out

11. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Personally its the HTC desire, I do have one but it is a truly amazing phone. Does everything I could ever need (and that is a lot!) without even blinking.

Have friends with the Galaxy S, feels very very cheaply made and very plasticy plus the OS is nothing compared to any of the other competitors.

iPhone4 well its an iPhone so its evil :D