• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which android should I buy?

Yashraj

Mar 8, 2011
Below is a list of mobiles which I have shortlisted to buy, all have similar processors, camera quality...
below, next to the mobile is their internal memory(matters a lot to install some apps which work only on phone mem), battery capacity(currently using galaxy ace, it's battery is horrible, so need a good battery life), android version, ram

HTC rhyme - 1gb, 1600mAh, 2.3, 768ram
htc incredible s - 1.1gb, 1450mAh, 2.2, 768ram
xperia x10- 1gb, 1500mAh, 18000, 384ram
dell venue - 1gb, 2.2, 1400mAh, 512ram
htc sensation-2.3, 1gb, 1520mAh, 768 ram
motorola atrix- 2.3, 16gb, 1930mAh, 1024ram
galaxy s plus- 2.3, 8gb, 1650mAh, 512ram

:D
Now please help select the best from above, my requirements: well updated and can expect new releases for my handset time to time, good battery life, last at least 1 day?(compared to galaxy ace), I am a multi tasker so a robust one, good looks and music? in built features definitely a requirement and could last well for at least 6 months.

You may recommend any other handset(provided it's available in India), but most might be above my budget, could consider S2 but for a teenager's use, it's looks are not so appealing(too bulky:().

Cross out X10. To old, slow and too little RAM
Cross out Incredible S and Dell Venue, to small battery for screen size to last long.

You're left with Sensation, Atrix, Rhyme and S Plus. Atrix looks the best in hardware specs, but Motorola had been bad with updates. Samsung is inconsistent depending on country for non flagship phones. Best bet is the Rhyme or Sensation.

Reactions: Yashraj
Upvote 0
On the left side is sensation and right is galaxy ace:

10dvdxi.png

So will this mean that if I am dissatisfied with ace's battery life, I should knock off sensation from my list?
One thing that I think(i don't know if it's true) is that few mobiles know how to handle energy are... energy efficient?? I don't know if it makes sense but i feel newer mobiles are more mobile efficient:thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
The thing is, with smartphones, you dont expect a battery life of more than 13hours realistically, and even shorter depending on how you use it. You did not mention how you used it, but a 1500++mah batter should be able to keep you on for 7-15hrs depending on usage, which is actually pretty standard for a smartphone.

Reactions: Yashraj
Upvote 0
1-2 hrs music
occasional .5 hr gaming
occasional google maps - GPS
internet browsing and gmail for 1-2hrs again
average amount of time calling
facebook
and that's it! Ace was a disappointment cause the battery wouldn't last till half a day if I were to use my mobile for longer time. Because of this problem, I haven't even installed anti-virus to save battery life :(

Upvote 0
1-2 hrs music
occasional .5 hr gaming
occasional google maps - GPS
internet browsing and gmail for 1-2hrs again
average amount of time calling
facebook
and that's it! Ace was a disappointment cause the battery wouldn't last till half a day if I were to use my mobile for longer time. Because of this problem, I haven't even installed anti-virus to save battery life :(

half a day? something like 12hrs? Thats already decent battery life forsmartphones actually.

Upvote 0
Its the 1-2hrs browsing. A full charge of the Ace should be able to keep up to 4-6hours browsing continuously, so 2hrs already equals 30% if your battery. Then you have to consider your brightness settings and your internet connection (wifi vs mobile network). If you leave GPS, autorotate and Wifi on, it eats more power. However depending on your settings 8hrs should be right for your usage type, especially with gaming. Then you havent mentioned how many hours on facebook. basically thats equivalent to mobile browsing as well.

Upvote 0
Go with the Samsung Infuse, my girlfriend got rid of her iPhone 4 for it and she absolutely loves it! LED screen 8mp camera, front facing camera, HD recording, 1080p recording, and a 4.3in? screen I believe but don't hold that against me.

Seems really an ideal choice, it's little bulky but it definitely has great features! I guess gingerbread official version is also out. I will definitely ask my dealer for this :) Will let you all know soon what my decision is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones