Which android version??

Last Updated:

1. daginge78

daginge78 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I've just got my Desire and I'm very new to Android, what I was wanting to ask is this, is there a way of finding out which version of Android I'm running? And is Froyo just version 2.2 or something totally different? Cheers and sorry for the stupid questions!!

Aaron

Advertisement
  2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Information. Firmware will be 2.1 or 2.2 (known as Froyo)

3. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Go into menu / settings / about phone / software information and check the firmware number. Yes 2.2 is Froyo.

4. daginge78

Cheers guys, it seems I'm on 2.1 update 1. And its telling me theres no updates available. I assume this is Vodafone blocking the update? My phone would appear to be unbranded, theres no logos on it or mention of vodafone anywhere in the menu etc. Can anyone shed any light?

5. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Look here ;) http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/140467-odafone-customers-beware.html

Vodafone sold phones without any visible branding and therefore many customers mistakenly believed they had an unbranded phone.

You've had a lucky escape by avoiding the recent 2.1 bloatware update. The question is now will Vodafone still add all that branding to their 2.2 update when they release it.

6. daginge78

Is there much difference between 2.1 and 2.2?

7. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

There are a few tweaks and improvements. You can find threads about them on this website or around the internet. There are also videos of the new features in action etc.