• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which app does the voice to text?

nuke21

May 14, 2011
Lately, my voice to text has been very annoying. First of all it has started capitalizing "LOL" This makes me seem very enthusiastic and annoying. I have to manually change it everytime. It doesn't even give me the option to change it to "lol" when I click on it. I have also noticed it capitalizes random words in a sentence that would never be capitalized. Normal sentences look like "I found the Cat in the Bathroom LOL!" and I don't like it at all. Can someone tell me what app controls the voice to texting when I am using the messenger application and is there a way I can completely reset it somehow since all of these problems were never an issue a month ago? I have all apps set to never update so nothing on my end should have changed.

I am Droid Turbo 2

For us to tell tout which app is doing your speech to text...
First tell us how you launch STT. If you press the mic on Google keyboard, or of you select Google voice typing, then it's Google. If you press the mic on Swype plus Dragon, it's Dragon. There may be others. But Most likely Google.

Google can update their software without you knowing...either as updates pushed to your Google play services or as Google server software changes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones