Which app to install external applicationsSupport

Last Updated:

1. iconnj

iconnj Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone installed an external app i.e. from an SD card on there Wildfire. If yes, which app did you use. One way to install an external app is through HTC sync, however considering that sync doesn't work with the Wildfire yet, I need to find another way to do this. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

You should be able to just run it. If you've transferred the apk file manually (USB cable etc.) then you'll need a file manager app (Astro, OI File Manager etc.) so you can browse to it and click it. If you downloaded it then your browser should hopefully give you the option to run once it's finished downloading.

iconnj likes this.
  3. Chef_uk

Chef_uk Active Member

Do the .apk files need to be placed in one of the folders of the card? or just at the top?

4. hunta

hunta Well-Known Member

To my knowledge you can put it anywhere, just as if you were downloading something from the internet to install on your PC. Like that example though you'd probably want to put it somewhere to keep things tidy (e.g. a downloads folder). Android doesn't enforce anything though as far as I'm aware.

5. Chef_uk

Chef_uk Active Member

Cheers, just created a downloads folder and placed it in there and androzip shows it fine :)

6. angel87

angel87 New Member

hi, i'm a new wildfire user and have installed a game externally into my phone. But I believe it is not compatible with the wildfire since i can't find it in the market.
    After installing, i realised i can play the game but, will it cause any problems to my phone? hardware or whatever? thanks.