• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which apps do you stay away from?

The Weather Channel. I complained about it in another post... it automatically launches at startup, checks for severe weather alerts every 5 minutes, sends you a system notification whenever there is an alert, continues sending you more alerts every 5 minutes if you try to clear them, and none of these settings can be changed. The only option is to uninstall.

There are lots of options for weather. I just use Beautiful Widgets, but surely there are other weather apps that don't screw with your system as much as The Weather Channel.

Upvote 0
The Weather Channel. I complained about it in another post... it automatically launches at startup, checks for severe weather alerts every 5 minutes, sends you a system notification whenever there is an alert, continues sending you more alerts every 5 minutes if you try to clear them, and none of these settings can be changed. The only option is to uninstall.

There are lots of options for weather. I just use Beautiful Widgets, but surely there are other weather apps that don't screw with your system as much as The Weather Channel.

On the flip side, I've had no problems with the Weather Channel at all. It runs really well on my phone.

I had issues with Weatherbug it always made my phone very laggy.

Upvote 0

Did you have your home location set? I noticed I was seeing similar things when I had my home location set. Now, I leave it blank and manually entered the city I live in. After that no problem.

Upvote 0
More Icons. It worked quite well for some time, but a few weeks back I had problems with my Droid resetting at random. After a reset, the widget would immediately force close on me, even after I stopped using it (though it was still installed). The problems largely went away after I got rid of it altogether. I'm hoping the Dev gets it fixed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
On the flip side, I've had no problems with the Weather Channel at all. It runs really well on my phone.

I had issues with Weatherbug it always made my phone very laggy.

I had to uninstall the Weatherbug app because it was causing my GPS to be off by several miles. Once uninstalled and rebooted, the GPS was dead on again. Not sure if this happens with the "elite" paid version.

I had problems with Weatherbug too. I've had no problems with TWC widget. I set it to receive severe weather alerts also. It seems to be the most up-to-date widget.

I stay away from all task killers.

Phone runs great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones