• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which apps to delete

statcomp

Mar 24, 2011
I am a new owner of SGS4G from iPhone 3GS. I was surprised with the fact that usable memory is actually 512MB. That's extremely small. So as soon as I got the phone from UPS, I rooted the device and installed Titanium Backup. Question now is what apps do I need to delete or move to SD? or better question would be what apps do I need to keep in the internal phone memory? I know telenav can't be moved. But is there anything else?

Thanks in advance

What do you mean when you say "usable memory?" Is that the same as Program Storage or Internal Memory? And if it is the same as Internal Memory, then is this the amount of available memory that comes pre-programmed with the cellphone? My S 4G has 514 MB of "Program Storage" capacity. Evidently, you desired a larger capacity of internal memory, which would presumably allow your cellphone to operate more quickly. Is that why you rooted and installed Titanium Backup, to make your cellphone faster? I'm asking all these questions because I'm really a newbie, and I would like to see my S 4G process the downloading of vids, from YouTube for instance, much more quickly.

Upvote 0
These are items you can delete using Titanium Backup with no problem. I've done it and have had no problems. Actually it has been beneficial because the phone runs so much better.

Kindle
Amazon mp3
Double twist
airsync
facebook
news & weather
talk
layar
T-mobile tv
video chat (qik)
Desk home
media hub
add to home
gogo
inception
buddies now
feeds and updates
y! finance clock
slacker
telenav
drivesmart
drivesmart system

After deleting these, I also recommend deleting your Dalvik cache using Titanium Backup for even more storage and speed.

Upvote 0
Deleted all those and included maps. Actually Maps never reinstalled after a crash so I just left it alone. Never used maps anyway. (have a Garmin and no chance of the Garmin using network data)

You have to keep one media player or you can't use custom ringtones.

Another thing to get would be an app to move apps to the SD card. There are a couple of them. I have paid App2SD, but there are others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones