Which apps work On the Pulse?General

Last Updated:

1. meegaha

meegaha Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, since this (T-mobile Pulse) is a new handset from a relatively new (to Android) manufacturer I figured it maybe worth putting down which apps (especially paid ones) work on the Pulse.

I for one would like to install/buy Copilot (with UK maps) but not sure if it'll work 100% at the moment (their website doesn't explicitly mention the Pulse however it is available via the Market). Has anyone taken the plunge?

I can confirm that the Weather Widget (by Android Apps) - paid version works great.

Cheers,

meegaha

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You can buy and try ... if you dont like it then you can get a refund with 24 hours ...

You might want to also read all the comments on the market for the app ... to see if others have report problems

3. meegaha

meegaha Member This Topic's Starter

I tried that. Unfortunately the installation didn't complete (it said 'downloading' and never completed). So I got a refund.

Now I don't know if it was a pulse problem or just a glitch in the system. I can't try it again as I'll be charged for the app (with no chance for a refund) and that won't be very fun if it turns out the Pulse isn't supported.

4. lesage

lesage Active Member

not sure if youre still looking but Copilot 8 works excellently except for one thing: It wont access Contacts on android.

Buy it from CP or whoever or download it on to PC, then onto SD card, ensuring youre also putting android installers from CP along with the map files

5. Salad

Salad Active Member

I don't believe Copilot will work as intended due to the short supply of onboard memory on the Pulse.

This is mere speculation of course. If the App itself is only a few megabytes and it has the ability to save the maps to the SD card, then it could be okay.

6. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

Hi Salad

As mentioned on many other threads, the maps are saved to the SD card. Which is the advantage these apps have over the google navigation in the US, they don't need an internet connection to keep you going in the right direction, just GPS

7. Salad

Salad Active Member

Thanks for the clarification, I stand corrected.

8. Keggies

Keggies Member

Anyone interested, have installed on mine all free

BBC News ( Jim Blackler) - Love this and works really well

WordUp - Game (Anthrological) - Same as above

Battery Widget (Mipplin.com) - Dispays battery condition & also useful for turn on & off, Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, Display

SilentMode OnOff (CurveFish) - Toggles between Normal, Silent but vibrate, Silent

Facebook For Android (Facebook) - Prefer this one

The Weather Channel (The Weather Channel) - Does what it says on the tin

Sudoku Free ( Genina.com) - Keeps me amused at times

Rings Extended (Dianne Hackborn) - Allows you to use mp3 as ringtones, notifications etc

Bubble (Ben Zibble) - Spirit level - Yeah I know but it's fun

Retro Clock Widget ( jSource) - Great clock and date for main screen

Labyrinth Lite Game (Illusion Labs) - Again, keeps me amused

Ultimate Stopwatch (Mippin.com) -

Backgrounds (System media) - Found a good background pic for the pulse here - large selection

Unit Converter (Mathpad Software) - Nice little converter for just about anything

ExFlashLight (since2006) - Turns pulse into a torch plus will flash SOS if required

Handcent SMS (Handcent) - Great for text messages - love, love this

Astrid task/Todo List ( we <3 Astrid) - Wonderful and better then the standard calandar reminder

Seesmic (Seesmic) - Best app for using Twitter

And just trying out for the first time Dolphin Browser .... Phew !!!:D

9. Salad

Salad Active Member

I'm going to follow Keggie's example and list all the apps I'm currently using.

3g Watchdog
    Abduction! - (stutters once in a while)
    aContacts
    Air Control
    Aldiko
    Astrid
    Barcode Scanner - (Only works if you have the optional update from T-mobiles website. If you haven't installed it, you need to shine a bright light in to the camera before it works)
    Camera Magic
    Delete Old Messages
    Dictionary.com
    Easy Spirit Level
    Ethereal Dialpad
    Force Fields
    Gem Miner - (Stutters a little at times)
    Google Sky Map - (Force closes if your GPS isn't on when you turn it on)
    Handcent SMS
    Kids Paint
    Mathdroid
    Opera Mini 5 beta - (This is like the second coming of christ. Only issues I've come across are related to the search function on Facebook.)
    Periodic Table
    Speed Test
    StopWatch
    Synthesizer
    Time Dilation Calculator
    TimeTable
    Vibrate Mode by force
    Wavesecure - (currently has issues with backing up contacts)
    Weather Forecast
    Wikimobile