• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which AT&T phones are Android?

the lancaster looks awsome, but that may never come out.
they might also get the new droid but who knows when that'll happen.
I may have to go to at&t and I wish they had an android but they donm't so I'm either gonna have to keep my g1 or buy a newer android for full price to bring over to at&t
unless however they where comming out with a new phone in the NEAR future (I don't want to have to wait)

Upvote 0
You can unlock your G1 and use it on AT&T, that's what I'm doing. A nice thing about that is you can use the $15 unlimited media net plan for all your data/email. Only downside is you won't get 3G because the G1 has different radio frequencies, but if your like me and AT&T doesn't even have 3G coverage in your area then it wont matter.

Upvote 0
What Android phones could be unlocked and used on AT&T without losing 3g capability?

I just upgraded my line to a 32GB iPhone 3GS. I hate iTunes though and really wanbt to go Android. I figure I can sell this phone on ebay for enough money to buy an unlocked Android phone.

I really want the Droid/Sholes but I understand it wont work with At&t.

Upvote 0
What about the HTC Tattoo?
isn't it supposed to be coming out on every network?
if so it'll definitely have 3g on at&t
when does it come out?
I see that I can already buy it, but it only seems to be the European version on European networks.
Whens it come out in America

Well since it is not released and has not been even announced for the US i wasnt taking this into consideration. but as of now no tmobile device will work on 3g for AT&T.

Upvote 0
with phones nothing is ever really solid until it is released.

supposedly AT&T will be getting android devices in 2010 and the tattoo will likely be the new budget android device. but so far nothing has beeen made official.i think it is safe to say there will not be any new android devices hitting the states in 09. perhaps with the exception of the mytouch fender edition.

so i would expect to see some stronger rooted rumors in a month or so. im sure AT&T will have some out in early 2010 lets hopeso as i too am stuck on AT&T.

Upvote 0
Well, I went browsing today. Stopped at Tmobile and Verizon. I thought I wanted the Droid, but I found the hardware setup very awkward. The HTC Eris looked much better IMO.

So i guess I will be waiting for an HTC version (they make nice devices) or the Sony Xperia X10 if it comes to At&t.

Anybody know if the Xperia will land there?

Also, will the HTC Hero for At&t have the chin? Im not a big fan of it. I like a smooth clean look to my phones.

Upvote 0
Well, I went browsing today. Stopped at Tmobile and Verizon. I thought I wanted the Droid, but I found the hardware setup very awkward. The HTC Eris looked much better IMO.

So i guess I will be waiting for an HTC version (they make nice devices) or the Sony Xperia X10 if it comes to At&t.

Anybody know if the Xperia will land there?

Also, will the HTC Hero for At&t have the chin? Im not a big fan of it. I like a smooth clean look to my phones.

The Droid Eris on Verizon is the same phone as the HTC Hero, but, like Sprint, Verizon had HTC redesign the exterior of the phone. The GSM versions around the world all have the chin, and there's not much chance of it making it's way to AT&T. If you're looking at the Hero, it's just been released on Telus in Canada. I've been trying to find a way to get one, as I live nowhere near Canada, but people who live close to the border can just drive to Best Buy in Canada and buy one. Then you could unlock it and use it on AT&T. The same goes for the android phones on Rogers (LG Eve, HTC Magic).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones