1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Which browser do you prefer?

Last Updated:

1. GibsonD90

GibsonD90 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay I am using the Sprint Hero and am looking for a different browser.

I currently use Dolphin, and I like it, but my main complaint is that if I save a bookmark with it, it doesn't go to the same bookmark list as my widget.

That is one feature I would like the browser to have, though that may only be on the default one.

I do like that you can download Youtube videos with Dolphin.

I know there are a few others, such as Opera and Steel. Which do you suggest, knowing the things I like to do with my browser ^^?

Thanks alot,

P.S. Search didn't work for me.

Advertisement
  2. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

Dolphin. I love the gestures. I just use shortcut links instead of the bookmarks widget

3. pwabbit

pwabbit Well-Known Member

Dolphin is a good browser, no doubt. Give xScope a try and then pick between the two best (imho) browsers (Dolphin & xScope).

4. regression

regression Well-Known Member

I switch between the stock browser and Opera Mini. Opera Mini is just so fast.

5. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly! It's by far the best browser for Android and the unbelievable part is it's still in BETA so it will only get better!

6. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

Opera mini is super fast, I just didn't like the layout. Haven't tried xscope

7. aiz4andy

aiz4andy Well-Known Member

Like those above said - Opera is by far the best in my opinion - I used Dolphin for a while and preferred it to stock browser - then I tried Xscope and liked it even more - but Opera is by far my favourite.

8. pwabbit

When it comes to browsers, I have to have the pinch zoom feature. Opera would be great but I haven't figured out how to get it to pinch zoom. I am sure it does because it is a fairly new browser. Also something that i can't figure out is how to force Opera to load all the page data before I scroll down. There is a slight delay while it loads or write to the screen that was hidden (lower on the scrolled screen). Maybe that is why it loads the initial screen so much faster than the other browsers.

9. matt72

matt72 Member

Hi new to the forums...I use opera and xscope. I tend to use opera as it is faster but as pwabbit stated I too cannot figure out the pinch zoom feature (if it is even possible).

10. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

I currently love Dolphins side project browser, Tunny Browser.

11. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

As others have said Opera is fast but it doesn't render some sites properly. I usually just use the stock browser but use Opera from time to time.

12. dwolf312

dwolf312 Well-Known Member

Skyfire ftw

13. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

I'm using dolphin until firefox (fennec) comes out.

14. pwabbit

Tried to find it. All I found was the developer upset about a leaked version.

15. dwolf312

Yeah you probably won't find anything, it's in alpha testing the leak stuff I saw was back on blackberry but yes the android one got leaked too.

16. rjmfa

rjmfa Member

i am using dolphin with the plus patch, i really don't like it tho. Opera mini is ok. What about this Infinity one ? The screenshots look super cool and it does all kinds of stuff, but the market can't seem to find it.

17. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Definitely xScope! It's fast, full-featured, intuitive, and solid ... and the developer is very responsive.

18. cgh

cgh Well-Known Member

I'm definitely digging Opera Mini. Love the homepage, tabs, and the speed... Great browser option IMHO.

19. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I like xScope, the only downside is that the full version isn't free, it is worth it though.

20. Enndr

Enndr Well-Known Member

Xscope is by far the end all be all browser currently. Does everything Firefox mobile says it will have (minus addons) and is BLAZING fast.

It even has a new zoom method which is nice for one hand use. I wont be using anything else until something comes along that wows me. Which maybe never.

21. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

Anyone try the betas/alphas for Fennec (Firefox) or Skyfire yet?

22. dwolf312

I have skyfire but since the leak this was posted from the CEO..

Hello to those on this thread. We appreciate the interest in our latest product for Android.

The early alpha version of our product that is being circulated is unauthorized and has been purposely disabled from connecting to our cloud service. Hence the controls are there, but without our server-side connection, the video and other functionality won't work. So if you think you have it working, you surely do not as all the key functionality that defines it as a Skyfire product has been disconnected.

Don't worry, you won't have to wait long as we will soon be launching the product for the public.

23. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I've only ever used stock...never even bothered to try any others, it does what I need it to.

24. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

bingo!

25. tonyb81

tonyb81 Well-Known Member

before today I haven't even heard of xscope. downloaded it after reading this thread, my favorite browser by far. Its just really clean and polished. I've tried opera, dolphin, and tunny, xscope is the best of them. Opera feels like a low budget browser, sure it can load fast, but has problems rendering pages, and just feels subpar.