• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which carrier is better? (USA) (AT&T BS)

Bmxant

Jul 31, 2011
Recently purchased the Samsung Infuse 4G from AT&T on the 20th of last month. I went to return it today to wait for the Attain, but they wouldn't refund me for the screen protector that THEY placed on the phone, or drop the restocking fee even though the phone was in PERFECT condition. So I left the store and placed the phone on Craigslist. I'll be paying the termination fee once I sell it.

My bill is also 98-100 a month with my student discount, which is ridiculous.

Should I go to Verizon? The only phone that interests me is the Galaxy S2, but if something faster is going to come out that's also good.

PS: Just to add, the manager actually sat there and argued with me even though I was being polite. Definitely not acceptable.

Maybe it's time to switch to Sprint...the company is currently offering $125 for smartphone users who port their number from competing carriers. Sprint's rates are more reasonable than AT&T and Verizon, and they are the only company to offer truly unlimited data. Sprint also allows new customers to try their service for free. If for any reason you're not happy and want to cancel service, they will refund your money including the bill and all regular fees associated with the account. Check out www.sprint.com

Reactions: Bmxant
Upvote 0
Maybe it's time to switch to Sprint...the company is currently offering $125 for smartphone users who port their number from competing carriers. Sprint's rates are more reasonable than AT&T and Verizon, and they are the only company to offer truly unlimited data. Sprint also allows new customers to try their service for free. If for any reason you're not happy and want to cancel service, they will refund your money including the bill and all regular fees associated with the account. Check out www.sprint.com

Very much appreciated, thank you for the information. I was with sprint for a good 6 years before switching to AT&T for the iPhone in 09. (Yeah, bad mistake). Maybe I'll get some goodies for going back :p

The Droid Bionic caught my eye for Verizon, but that's about it. Does Sprint have anything good coming out in the NEAR NEAR future? I'm currently without a phone. (Infuse is in the box waiting to be sold on Craigslist). I know the GS2 is suppose to be coming, but how many times have we heard that :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I find that VZW and ATT are very similar in service (in general). With that being said, there are PLENTY of areas where ATT doesnt have service but VZW will (and vice versa). So if you dont have enough signal with ATT where you live, then maybe VZW will and they'll be a better option for you.

Now about the monthly bill, dont expect much difference with VZW. They both are very similar once it comes to the bill.

As someone else said, check out Sprint or Tmo. Maybe they'll be cheaper but you need to make sure the signal strength is good. You dont want to switch and then end up with crappier signal - lol

Upvote 0
Which carrier is better?
Depends on which one has coverage where you need it.

Recently purchased the Samsung Infuse 4G from AT&T on the 20th of last month. I went to return it today to wait for the Attain, but they wouldn't refund me for the screen protector that THEY placed on the phone, or drop the restocking fee even though the phone was in PERFECT condition.
They may have placed the screen protector on your phone but you still used it. I don't see why it matters who performed the install unless they jacked up the install (which you would have to resolve at the time of the install). As for the restocking fee, that's something you should have checked before making the purchase. If you're expecting to find a carrier to just cave in to your every whim you'll be disappointed no matter which carrier you choose.

PS: Just to add, the manager actually sat there and argued with me even though I was being polite. Definitely not acceptable.
Same thing with the manager. Every carrier has crappy managers and reps. If you omit the ones that do you're left with nothing to choose from.

Should I go to Verizon? The only phone that interests me is the Galaxy S2, but if something faster is going to come out that's also good.
I was with sprint for a good 6 years before switching to AT&T for the iPhone in 09. (Yeah, bad mistake).
The Droid Bionic caught my eye for Verizon, but that's about it. Does Sprint have anything good coming out in the NEAR NEAR future?
So learn from the mistake. Don't pick a device and then pick the carrier. Coverage is the most important thing from a carrier. Select the carrier based on that.

Upvote 0
Takeshi, what's up with all the Sprint hate lately? People are complaining about being overcharged, having no service, getting their bills changed around, etc.

Side note.....As for the screen protector, she never even told me the price, yet had the nerve to charge me 25 bucks for it.

Upvote 0
Sprint hate or not he took the words outta my mouth. DO NOT pick a phone then jump carriers, also dont try and wait for the next amazing phone because there always is one. Do some research and see which carrier has the best coverage in your area and go from there(hint: you wont notice much difference in operating comparable android phones)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones