Which charging cradles fit the Otterbox case?Accessories

1. pkrigerjr

pkrigerjr Member

I just ordered an Otterbox case for the Inspire. I discovered when I got an Otterbox for my BB that I couldn't use the charging cradle anymore. I like to use on my nightstand as an alarm clock and charge overnight. Which charging cradle will fit the Otterbox...or do you just plug it in after propping it up on a pedestal?

Advertisement
    :
  2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

Which otterbox did you get? I have the Defender and haven't found a dock that fits it. I just plug it in to charge then rest it in the belt clip. It won't clip into place with the plug in but it seems fine just sitting in it.
  3. pkrigerjr

pkrigerjr Member

I have the OB defender also. I' sure it will be protective case, but it's bulkiness appears to get in the way of a good charging cradle fit.
  4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

It's definitely a protective case an its bulkiness will be a problem for any cradle. My husband had that problem with his iphone. His phone lived in the otterbox and he bought a dock without even thinking about the case so he would have to take it out of the case to use the dock. It became a pain
  5. pkrigerjr

pkrigerjr Member

Yes after spinning the belt clip around and locking it open...it does act like a simple easel to prop the phone up to see and allow the cable to be plugged in. I find it is still a bit flimsy though. A small bump and it's a house of cards. A more secure cradle would be nice.