Which class of SD card is supported?Support

1. nagavydya

nagavydya Member

Hi Folks,
    I have some basic questions about the class of the SD card used on my android phone
    1. Does this phone support higher class of micro SD cards: class 6 and 10? Has anybody tried it?
    2. If yes, is it worth going for it (is the performance significantly better)?
    3. Does a 16GB micro SD card when loaded slow down the performance? (i use it mainly for games,apps and photos)

My device
    Sony Ericsson Neo V currently with a 2GB

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Let me try to answer the best I can.
    1- As far as we know this phone supports it without any problems.
    2- It is unlikely that it will decrease performance, it is worth getting one of those because since theose high class SD card have higher transfer speed then your phone will take advantage of this feature.
    3- I have a Neo V too with a 16GB SD card and I don't have any problems with it, just recently I was using an 8GB SD card and have not noticed any decrease in performance since i changed it (2 weeks ago).

Hope this helps to answer your questions :)
    senthilrramesh likes this.
  3. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

Class Rating 2. Transfer speed is a minimum of 2MB/sec.
    Class Rating 4. Transfer speed is a minimum of 4MB/sec.
    Class Rating 6. Transfer speed is a minimum of 6MB/sec.
    Class Rating 10. Transfer speed is a minimum of 10MB/sec.

Class 6 or 10 should work fine as I have a friend who is using class 6 on the same model & he has no problems.
  4. Josh-SonyXperia

Josh-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

I just learned my lesson of the day :) Nice info!
    socrates0 likes this.
  5. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

Welcome :D
  6. vishvish

vishvish New Member

hi , guys ,

i recently got neo v , i liked it very much , this is my first android ,

recently upgraded my SD card 32 GB ,class 4 , it is working very good , no lagging , and at present i am using 26 GB DATA m 3.5 free space left ,there are HD games installed , and thay play well , and large movies up to 1.5 GB each , also loading very quick and play good

i am very happy

thanks