Which clear protector? (not the screen protector)Accessories

Last Updated:

1. jaehoppa

jaehoppa New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm not talking about the screen protector. I'm talking about the clear back cover for the fascinate. I know there are several brands such as, phantom skinz, bestskinsever?, stealth guard, zagg, etc.
    Which one is the best?
    I don't want silicone type ones because they add bulk. I want a clear cover like the screen protector.
    Which brand do you guys recommend?
    and how difficult is the installation?
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. gonzo143

gonzo143 Well-Known Member

Since your main concern is the back of the unit go for Stealth Guards. It would be the cheapest. It does as good as a job as Zagg (and I have always used Zagg on my electronics) would do for a lot less money. 1 piece install for the back and it would be would be hard to mess up. I did/do have troubles with the front lining up perfectly. There seems to always be ( I've tried 3 times) just a little tiny tiny bit past an edge, enough for that little little bit not to "stick" down.

There is another thread "Input for Skins" look for larry0071 post. It's the best I've read concerning instillation woes.

3. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member

4. larry0071

larry0071 Well-Known Member

BTW: Same process works equally well for the back of your phone.

Why does Larry say not to use a bare credit card? Because it leaves micro scratches all over the card from your mechanical agitation of the surface. Yes, they go away after a day, but why go through the mental distress of seeing the thousands of micro scratches and thinking how crappy the thing looks. Avoid the bulk of the stress by using the cut of a T-Shirt (think garage rag box!) or a paper towel. Paper is a bit more abrasive than cotton. Keep in mind that no matter the method, you will see some amount of scratches.