Which Custom ROM

Last Updated:

1. bartjunited

bartjunited Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys

Ive seen that many people are using the custom roms partly due to the frustration of having to wait for Android 2.1.

I love the Hero as is & have heard that under the custom roms it runs even better, is this true.

More so which of the Custom Roms would you recommend & why?

And in the event I dont like the Rom is the action reversible?

Many thanks in advance

Bart

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I just rooted to the modaco rom yesterday, and so far the speed seems slightly quicker, one benefit of rooting is better ram management, which can keep your phone from being laggy. I also like the fact I can turn my phone into a wifi access point.

You are able to load up an official rom from the htc website just as if you were doing a normal upgrade.

My half a day experience with my new ROM is that its basically the same as the normal rom, but with a bit more freedom, and a bit more speed.

3. mrobbo

mrobbo Active Member

Well that's an underwhelming post! I was just about to root/install the modaco rom but you have put me off!

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Nooo, another day later and I see a definite speed improvement! It seems to be better at managing the memory, with my average memory free being a lot higher than non-rooted, meaning of course a much smoother phone. Also apps2sd is great as i was approaching running out of memory.

I'd recommend rooting for sure now lol.