• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Device do you use most?

argedion

The TechnoFrog
Jun 20, 2011
The Infernal Swamp
As the question ask I'm wondering what devices people use the most. For me its my cellphone. Obviously its just more convenient for me to carry around and use.

I am however using my tablet more and more. Even though I sometimes find myself checking my phone when I got both tablet and phone with me. The real irony here is that I really rather use my tablet than my phone for most task as the tablet has a better screen and easier keyboard to use. The Keyboard on my phone is way to close and I always am hitting the wrong keys.

Now with wearable devices coming out I'm just curious to how this will change in like 6 months.

When I'm home I use a laptop. I use my Note 3 when I have to look for something to answer a question, when it rings, when I get a text, etc.

When I'm out I use the Note 3.

When we get more wearable devices, I won't be buying one, so that's a moot point for me. (I rarely even wear my plain old wristwatch any more.)

If they ever come out with upgradeable implantable cellphones, and I'm still alive, I might get one. Can't drop what's inside your body, and if it's powered by your metabolism, when the phone's "battery" dies, you'll be beyond caring.

Upvote 0
When I'm home I use the desktop PC the most, bigger screen. I guess I use my cell phone the most, even when I'm home & not using the PC. When I first bought my tablet, I used it alot while at home but not anymore lately. When I goto bed, I may have the tablet with me to read some news, watch videos or until the wife start grumbling! I hardly ever take my tablet outside the home.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
I use my S4 the most. Its always with me, even when at home. I'm pretty much always updating list, receiving reminders, or even just listening to music. If the light bulb goes off in my head, I whip out my cell and make a note. I do read books/magazines, stream TV in bed when my wife is sleep so not to wake her. Use as a bedside alarm. I do check all my emails, social media and web-surfing.

Sometimes I do use my Atrix 4G and Laptop dock for work and when doing a lot of web-surfing, creating documents or watching movies.

I wear a regular watch, so I'm not interested in wearables.

Edited: Forgot to mention I use my S4 for gaming, taking pictures and videos

Upvote 0
Well, I guess the clear winner has to be my work desktop as I'm on it like 8 hours a day :rolleyes:

Next it's my phone .. coz it's there. And it has my personal e-mail .. And my podcasts .. And games .. etc

If I want to do anything else - like stuff on the web or spreadsheet / word processing etc - I generally prefer to go to my laptop because of the extra screen real estate, having multiple things on the screen simultaneously - which I often find useful - and because of the proper keyboard.

I guess a tablet could be useful for some of the web browsing and I guess I might use it for video but so far I haven't felt the need. Despite the missus being a complete convert and using her iPad a lot.

Upvote 0
I use my phone most but I use my Pebble most frequently. Pebble tells me the time, date, weather (current and forecast), as well as letting me handle (view/dismiss) any notifications that I receive (calendar events, email, texts, chats, G+, Tapatalk, etc), which means my phone can stay comfortably in my pocket for most of the day. It only comes out when I have a specific task to perform (like trolling AF, posting on G+, general larking about the web), a game to play, or need to reply to a notification.

Upvote 0
I use my phone most but I use my Pebble most frequently. Pebble tells me the time, date, weather (current and forecast), as well as letting me handle (view/dismiss) any notifications that I receive (calendar events, email, texts, chats, G+, Tapatalk, etc), which means my phone can stay comfortably in my pocket for most of the day. It only comes out when I have a specific task to perform (like trolling AF, posting on G+, general larking about the web), a game to play, or need to reply to a notification.
I have to agree. Ever since I got the Pebble, my phone mostly stays inside the bag or on the desk charging.

Upvote 0
Laptop, whether at home or work. I do have desktops at both ends, but rarely use either. Phone when travelling, or when pottering around rather than sitting down.

There is a tablet in the house, but apart from the occasional bit of gaming I don't really use it. Nice device, but isn't always with me like the phone, is far less capable and far less suitable for typing than the laptop, so is rarely the preferred choice. And for recreational reading I prefer e-Ink or paper.

Upvote 0
When I'm out and about or travelling, phone. When at home or work, laptops. I did have a tablet for a while but only really used it for watching movies in bed occasionally. Not really considered any smart-watches, aka wearables, because no doubt with me they'd probably get smashed in a short time. When I used to wear watches they'd often get broken. And I've never worn any other jewellery. Plus the fact you got to charge them every day or so, and even press a button just to see the time, something that reminds me of LED digital watches in the mid-'70s.

Upvote 0
Plus the fact you got to charge them every day or so, and even press a button just to see the time, something that reminds me of LED digital watches in the mid-'70s.

You just nailed the reasons that I still prefer my Pebble over any of the other wearables, and will likely continue to prefer it even after the likes of the Moto 360 get released. The almost-e-ink (truly just a high-contrast monochromatic LCD) display means that I only have to charge it once per week, and the display is always on so I can always see the time (temperature, weather, etc). :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Plus the fact you got to charge them every day or so, and even press a button just to see the time, something that reminds me of LED digital watches in the mid-'70s.

I get 3 days from the SW2 and the screen is dimly lit all the time so I can see the time without pressing a button.

Reactions: mikedt and argedion
Upvote 0
I think my laptop edges out my phone. When I'm at home I have my laptop on a lot. Unless I'm doing something that requires my full attention, I usually have my laptop on and occasionally look up stuff, particularly when watching TV.

When I'm out, I have my phone with me. It is always on when I'm driving because it automatically plays my music over my car stereo. I almost always have Waze on when driving for traffic information and best routes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones