Which driver for Kies on XP?Support

Last Updated:

1. bind00

bind00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Windows 32-bit XP SP3 (Intel).
    The road to this point has been long but I'll try not to bore you with all that.

Now though (finally), with the Galaxy S connected to USB in Kies mode the MTP Device in Device Manager says no drivers are installed. If I let Windows try to find the driver it says it can't find anything better so I try manually. However, when I navigate to the USB Drivers folder I'm confronted with 22 sub-folders cryptically titled Simmental, Swallowtail, Siberian, etc. :confused:

Where do I go from here?

Advertisement
  2. bind00

bind00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I mailed Samsung support about this too but haven't received a direct answer to this specific driver question. They say make sure I have .NET 3.5 SP1, Windows Media Player 11, DirectX9.0C and ActiveSync 4.5. Well the first three are OK although I resent having to have Media Player installed. But Microsoft state that ActiveSync 4.5 is only for XP SP1 and 2. Not SP3 which is what I have. I've pointed this out to support and am waiting for a reply but if anyone has any ideas in the meanwhile I'm all ears. But increasingly little hair.