which file manager?

Last Updated:

1. gmarkj

gmarkj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wanting to use a file manager, but am after peoples opinions first.

The main two are either astro or estrong as far as i can tell qnd I have some questions for those that either have one or have tried both.
    Astro is twice the size of estrong, before any add-ons. Is it worth the extra space?
    Is one better than the other? Which one and why?
    Can you do everything on both (browse files, send via BT, see files on home PC over WiFi, etc)?
    Obviously before Froyo comes space is at a premium so I'd rather get the best value for my MB as it were!

Advertisement
  2. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

I've tried both but not to any great depth, I uninstalled Astro in favour of EStrong mainly because of the easy wifi transfer capabilities.

3. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Estrong for me.

4. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

I wish i could get Estrong to work with my Wifi and Vista,tried every permutation,nothing.

5. stueyboy

stueyboy Well-Known Member

Estrong is great for connecting to LAN's as it can do a scan so you don't have to remember all the Samba settings. The copy and paste functions are great in it too.

However, Astro allows you to create document shortcuts on your home screens which can be useful if you like that kind of thing. Haven't found a way to get Estrongs to do that yet