1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Which file system does the tab2 support?

1. Sahri

Sahri Active Member

I have been tinkering with my micro SD card to get files larger than 4 Gb on it. My tab 2 doesn't seem to support ExFAT and NTFS so is there a file system that supports files larger than 4 GB AND supported by my tab 2 10.1?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Sahri. There's an app in the Play Store (used to be "Android Market") which facilitates various file systems for the sd cards. I've forgotten the name of that app, but a search in Play Store under something such as "sd card file system" etc may yield exactly what you're hoping to accomplish. :)
  3. Sahri

Sahri Active Member

I just did that and the apps that did what I wanted required a rooted device and mine isn't rooted (yet).
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I'm wondering if you can size down the 4G files in some manner, without affecting their integrity. Can they be configured into a tree hierarchy that would be read as several smaller files, for example?
  5. Sahri

Sahri Active Member

What do you mean by that?
  6. YoungMaco

YoungMaco Member

Maybe there is a program that can split the file in 2, though a slight inconvenience, meaning you will need to start the next file when the first one finishes.

Might google this myself and see as i have a couple that a bigger than 4GB, so in order to keep the quality this may be an option if there is a file splitter out there?
  7. YoungMaco

YoungMaco Member

Can confirm, I tried it with a program called 'MKVToolNix' v6 (free). It installs on your PC/laptop, then splits the file in 2 [assuming you have a big file over 4GB that won't copy to a FAT file system].

You end up with 2 files now, quality is kept the same. As mentioned only thing is, movie stops after then end of the first file, does not automatically continue with the second file, thats the only slight inconvenience.