• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which Froyo ROM to choose?

I'm new to Android (ex Blackberry) but I took the plunge, rooted and flashed the stock FROYO JK6v2 ROM via ClockworkMod.

I was surpised that I could do all of this without the need of a computer - very cool!

Liking the FROYO - I did try Nero for a few minutes, it looked nice (especially the scrolling apps) but the thought of having to set up all my home screens again caused me to reflash back to the stock FROYO with TW. I found that by using MyBackup Pro I can get all my icons back where I like 'em!

I'm a little pissed at TMo for their total lack of the FROYO update but at least it caused me to go the root and custom ROM route - I feel like a rebel!

Cheers!

Upvote 0
i did the Axura 2.1 last night and it is fast. benchmark from linpack with rooted and stock rom was 7.668 and after installing Axura 2.1 it went to 13.778. I have no real idea what that means but all I know is it is faster than stock. Only 30-45 secs to boot up . Liking the animations and today will try out everything to see if I find something i dont like or that isnt working.
It took me several tries to get it installed ( who knows what i was doing wrong ) but glad i didnt give up .

Upvote 0
Well , encountered my first set back today with the axura 2.1 I can't transfer wallpapers from my PC to my phone via usb. I get a error message that says " error 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect "

What now ? Thanks in advance !

The following may or may not solve your problem, however it is worth a shot.

You will lose all your data though, so that is a consideration. You can create a backup of all your programs using titanium backup. Also you can backup your files, music, pics, etc...by just completely copying and pasting your internal(16gb) memory to a folder on your computers desktop.

Ok, so my suggestion is re-formating the internal sd card. (I'm assuming you were trying to install to the internal 16gb memory)

1) Settings
2) SD card and phone storage
3) Scroll down to "phone storage"
4) You should see your inernal sd, it should be about 12.78gb...
5) Go down to format sd card
6) follow on screen instructions.

Upvote 0
The following may or may not solve your problem, however it is worth a shot.

You will lose all your data though, so that is a consideration. You can create a backup of all your programs using titanium backup. Also you can backup your files, music, pics, etc...by just completely copying and pasting your internal(16gb) memory to a folder on your computers desktop.

Ok, so my suggestion is re-formating the internal sd card. (I'm assuming you were trying to install to the internal 16gb memory)

1) Settings
2) SD card and phone storage
3) Scroll down to "phone storage"
4) You should see your inernal sd, it should be about 12.78gb...
5) Go down to format sd card
6) follow on screen instructions.

Thanks , I'll give it a try this weekend

Upvote 0
I just tried the "final" stage Nero v3 w/ voodoo lagfix and my phone is flying now. Over 1500 bench score and my phone is flying through web pages like its already pre-loaded.

I liked all the options that Axura 2.2 had like the different launchers. The older market was the shit in Axura but the speed more than makes up for the new Market place.

I'm indoors at my house and it pinpointed me to my exact address with Nero. The speed is ridiculous. Battery life is ridiculous. I didn't even charge my phone overnight and with moderate use today, the battery lasted me till about 7 pm. I just wish that team whiskey didn't update so much but I guess this is going to last me until the new Android phones get introduced.

Upvote 0
I just installed GingerClone this weekend and overall I'm really liking it. While there are a few things from TouchWiz that I miss, I think I can find a suitable workaround considering how much more stable it feels. Things zip open and I notice so little lag or hang up. Overall, what I miss is the powersettings in the notification bar and the swipe notification bar for brightness setting. The Gingerbread keyboard is killer though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones