Which Gorilla Glass Version is used on the LTE 4G?Support

Last Updated:

1. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That's most likely due to it using Gorilla Glass 2.

GG2 is twice as strong as original Gorilla Glass.

So - does that equate to glass twice as strong as before?

They said from the outset that the point of GG2 is to go to a glass covering 1/2 as thick as OG GG, with a potential price savings and weight savings for the same toughness as OG GG.

Once again, we see the SLCD2 meme at work. :D ;)

Again because it's being missed or not believed by some (not you, Covert_Death) - SLCD and SLCD2 are nothing more than marketing terms - they do not describe screen technology. ;)

The main thing is that the screen is the new stuff, 100%.

drexappeal and AM2 like this.
  2. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

EarlyMon and Wiley_11 like this.
  3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

doesn't make a difference to me, the ONLY difference is %20 thinner, and your really not ever going to notice the difference, it's not any stronger or any clearer. now if gorilla glass 3 is more clear, allowing more light to pass through it and therefore reflect less (less glare) and be STRONGER then i will want that! but until then making glass slightly thinner makes no difference to me
  4. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Oh great not this again.
    Apparently the "Does the Evo 3D have Gorilla Glass?" dead horse had a foal right before its death.
    Here we go again. I can see it now:
    Does the Evo 4G LTE have Gorilla Glass or Gorilla Glass 2? Does it even have any Gorilla Glass at all?

Where is that handy picture of a carousel...

Get me the Gorilla Glue so I can glue my hands over my eyes.

I know I had poor results in the past, but you could ask again. Won't hurt to ask, and who knows maybe your mileage may vary.
    (Also note Sprint only allows one switch out I believe)
    PattiCakeUS likes this.
  5. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

Question...and I understand that it may have already been answered...but I couldn't find it...

Is the LTEVO have Gorilla Glass or not.

I ask, because, as I mentioned in another post, if the LTEVO has Gorilla Glass, I don't think I will need a screen protector.

Just curious...
  6. EarlyMon

Gorilla glass.

Keep it away from sand.
    kct1975, BenChase7 and CriticalCritic like this.
  7. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

Yup! Not sure if the OGEvo has GG but sand scratched mine
  8. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

Thanks EarlyMon!

So I am guessing from your comment that you would still recommend a screenprotector ?
  9. darynm

darynm Well-Known Member

When I first read the specs about this phone it seemed clear that HTC had used Gorilla Glass on this phone. I read Gorilla 1 Glass, but a review from a site i came across said Gorilla Glass version 2. Anyone have clear and definite information on this?
  10. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I am very curious to this myself. I have seen it listed as "gorilla glass" in some occasions, and some specifically say "gorilla glass 2." Maybe its just hopeful thinking, but with all the upgrades the LTEvo has (larger battery, in particular), yet still maintaining the thin form factor, I think the GG2 reports could be true... since GG2 is 20% thinner, maybe this is how they got the extras in there without making the device any thicker.
  11. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

A call was made to HTC, the international version One x has the gorilla glass 1 if you will. Not GG2. Not sure about the LTEvo, but when I read specs about the phone it said GG1
  12. tflb

tflb Well-Known Member

So with GG is there any need for a screen protector?
  13. couragedragon

couragedragon Active Member

The phonearena review says GG2 :)

(sorry first post, can't link)
    BenChase7 likes this.
  14. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

They could just be guessing though.
  15. Tommydaniel

It's up to you, I always have a screen protector. Gorilla Glass means it's more resistant to scratches, doesn't mean its scratch proof.
  16. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

I've read GG1, but frankly, the only advantage to GG2 (if I remember correctly) is that it is thinner glass at the same level of scratch resistance. So, if the Evo is as thin as makes you happy, then which gorilla glass we have is of little consequence.
  17. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

LTEVO will be GG1 most likely (like the One X) but it really doesn't make a difference,

GG2 only offers thinner glass at the same protection. since the way this screen is flush against the glass (helps project the image THROUGH the glass) you shouldn't even be able to notice even if it were GG2.

as for screen protector, its just that much more protection, where you stop is up to you.
  18. EarlyMon

marctronixx likes this.
  19. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

So in a nutshell... we still need screen protectors??

GG is just more shatter resistant?
  20. Tommydaniel

It's your choice really. GG is only more resistant to scratches, it's not scratch proof, which is why I usually get screen protectors. Just find one that covers the entire front with no stupid cut-outs and you will barely notice it.
  21. Tommydaniel

22. theone33

theone33 Member

they made it with cheap stuff .. mine so how is getting scratched up and no i'm nowhere near sand or dropped anything on it....GG my ass! :mad:
  23. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what version of GG we have. I do know from this vid, it's tough! :eek: This a OneX, LTEVO's kissing sibling. So safe to say one of the same :cool:

HTC One X used as a hammer - YouTube

24. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

3vodroid and WifiMaxed like this.
  25. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Wife's GG equiped E4gt is scratched to hell. GG is nearly impervious to keys as most demos will show, but get one grain of sand in your pocket and it's all over. If you want a scratch free phone, cover it up!