Which HTC IME Mod keyboard version is the fastest?

Last Updated:

1. jxr94

jxr94 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm just curious, if anyone knows

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I've used almost all of them to see if there is any size or speed difference and they all seemed to be the same, only variable was the amount of options depending on the release.

jxr94 likes this.
  3. hattrick1965

hattrick1965 Member

ok, kinda along the same topic....what is the best keyboard out there in everyones opinion. Ive just used the stock keyboard so far

4. RollBravesRoll

RollBravesRoll Active Member

The best decision I ever made was to try the Multi-Touch Keyboard. I've tried several different ones & it's the first that I've been truly happy with. My Hero still lags some but that's b/c of the engine, not the keyboard anymore. In fact, the keyboard no longer has any lag & I barely even have misspellings anymore. It's high quality for those who haven't tried it.

The only one I'm still interested in is the Swype but I wasn't able to find it anywhere before I found the Multi-Touch one. Also, I tried the other Swype kind of keyboard & never really liked it either. I like no lag & this is the only one I've found that's sufficient.

5. hattrick1965

hattrick1965 Member

who is the multi touch made by? I might have to try that one

6. chawski

chawski Well-Known Member

as far as i know, the multitouch one is a similar version as what comes on the Droid X, and after using it for about 2 minutes, i deleted it. The space bar wasnt recognizing i was hitting it unless i hit it in a very small, precise spot every time. i ended up having entire sentences as one word.

7. Joehunni

The Droid X keyboard is a port of the Htc keyboard from the Droid X, I personally love Smart Keyboard Pro from the market, there is a free version to try so check it out.

8. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Joe, what do you mean by this? Sorry..I'm confused...isn't the Droid X a Motorola phone?

9. sarspants

sarspants Well-Known Member

I just installed the Droid X keyboard (running ZenEXP) and I can finally say there is no lag in landscape mode. I can type fast as hell without any mistakes. I did notice some recognition issues with the spacebar while in portrait mode (as mentioned earlier in this thread) but once I got used to where I have to touch, it's been great. For the record, I've tried Stock HTC, XDA IME, Swift Key, and this one. This is the only that has truly gotten rid of lag. It lacks some of the features/ease of use of the other keyboards but is worth it for typing anything longer than a few words.

10. dave-droid

dave-droid Member

i have tried a bunch and the only one that works quick for me is: swype

11. Joehunni

Lol, thats what I meant... I keep thinking that the DX is an Htc instead of Moto...

12. MammonLord

MammonLord Active Member

I'm a fan of SlideIT Keyboard on the market. Honestly, the only bad thing I can say is that. it costs money. But please don't let that stop you from giving it a try.

Don't forget that if you uninstall any paid app within 24 hours, you get a full refund!