Which is best? (HTC Evo 4G vs. Nexus one vs. Samsung Galaxy S)

Which of these 3 androids is the best?

1. Nexus one

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Samsung galaxy S

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. HTC Evo 4G

69 vote(s)
    89.6%

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was interested in seeing how these phones matched up against one another and wanted to see which phone is most valued at the moment...

Advertisement
  2. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

in all honesty, posting this here will get you the most biased results haha. evo all the way

3. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

Out of the three, it would be a hard choice between EVO and Galaxy.

Both run 1GHz processors. EVO uses Qualcomm's Snapdragon and Samsung makes its own chip. EVO 4G has a 4.3-inch disply while Galaxy has a 4.0. However, the Super-AMOLED screen is amazing. EVO has a 8.0 megapixel camera and Galaxy 5.0. EVO has HDMI-out, connects to 4G, acts as it's on WiFi Hotspot, allowing up to eight connections and records in 720P. Most people would die for these features, but without a keyboard, some will simply move away.
    It comes down to preference. I believe EVO is A LOT more anticipated than the Galaxy. Nexus One is still a great phone, though. But let's be honest, it's left in the dust by both of these power-houses.

Note: They all run 2.1, so you get the current up-to-date Android OS.

4. Eazail70x7

Actually, its the samsung moment that has the slide out keyboard not the galaxy s. I wish it did though. (She meaning a super sexy new gen. smartphone with a slide out)

5. RydiaOfMist

RydiaOfMist Member

Agreed! :D

I'm still looking forward to more information regarding the Galaxy S. If they have a "pro" edition with a QWERTY keyboard, I might face some challenge in deciding. ;p

6. andddlay

andddlay Well-Known Member

It is rumored that there will be a Samsung Galaxy S Pro (having a physical QWERTY keyboard).

Samsung Galaxy S Pro With Keyboard Rumored | Android Phone Fans

But yeah, like dylan88 said, many of these are biased answers, for we are in the HTC Evo 4g forum :)

As for my opinion, the Galaxy S looks too similar to the iPhone OS for my taste - at least that was my initial impression. From what I have read, however, the Galaxy S is a beast when it comes to speed. I love large screens, so that is why I am going to choose the Evo. Yes, the Super AMOLED would be awesome to have, but I think I wouldn't mind the TFT screen of the Evo.

They are all Android, so they're all winners! :D

7. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

the galaxy S is a damn nice phone, ALOT like the evo in many ways BUT there are many parts where the EVO pulls away as mention above, HMDI out, 4g, WIFI hot-spot, 4.3in screen, fm radio, kickstand, 8mp camera w/ 720p, EVO, getting froyo confirmed (sorta) and the screen is still unsure of, although the Galaxy S is guaranteed to have Samoled, the evo might too. neither have hard KB though, i know the evo has a FFC i don't THINK the galaxy s does but it may...

basically anything the galaxy S has, the EVO has equivalent or better, and then some more too

8. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

It's hard I REALLY like the Super AMOLED screen and PowerVR graphics in the Galaxy, I still however think the EVO is better and if it had those two features there would be no competition.

9. Eazail70x7

I think the galaxy s also has more internal storage space if I'm not mistaken...

10. Covert_Death

did forget about hte 90 million triangles a sec compared to 24 or whatever... that will increase FPS in 3d games like mad but anywhere else you won't notice it...

11. KRD

KRD Well-Known Member

Well the EVO has not yet released any specs of what it will have inside except the processor. Could be some extra ROM and RAM.

EVO all the way!!!!

Ya think the poll is biased. Nahhh! LOL!

12. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

Wow.

EVO blew everyone out of the water.

13. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

well, it is biased. but either way i still think the evo is the better phone. there is just nothing that can compare to it. doesnt matter what OS, speed capabilities, network, video- the evo just cant be beat right now.

14. andddlay

andddlay Well-Known Member

According to Sprint,

15. Covert_Death

yea i was gonna say those have been released for a while

16. Eazail70x7

I thought about putting this in the samsung galaxy s forum but thought it might turn out a little biased. Had no idea the poll would be this one sided lol

17. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Evo is my preference. IMO not having an up and running app store functionality is a big drawback for the galaxy. People want that aspect of phones...that's why a non-android phone won't be an "iPhone killer" right now. Not trying to derail a thread by saying the evo can be dubbed as that, but just saying it will be a major drawback. And I know samsung wants to release their own app store, but it has a ton of catching up to do.

18. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Nvm I'm an idiot lmao. Didn't realize the galaxy was an android phone too! I'll change my reason then to 4g coverage :D

19. KRD

KRD Well-Known Member

Yeah but they also said nothing was final. Software nor Hardware.

20. Covert_Death

this is true but as of now that is really what we have to compare to since anything else would be even less reasonable

21. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

22. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

The mobile hot spot wins for me. That is a very nice feature. EVO should be tbe best phone for the next two years.

23. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The EVO 4G for me. It's funny to see the bias though, if you go to the Galaxy S forum there's a similar poll and you can guess who's winning in that one :p

24. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

You can't really compare the Nexus One with the other two. The Evo for me.

25. Lovingthesonic

Lovingthesonic Well-Known Member

I do not think any current mobile phone will still be great in 2yrs. Look how many times the iphone has been remade? Also I think in 2yrs time we may have dual processor chips