• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which is better at using less battery,?

Agreed that 3g will use less battery. Just my thought but... I think the trade off of using LTE consistently and the battery loss/usage from using it is worth it and the battery loss is typically pretty minimal.
The biggest battery drain that I notice while on LTE is that when I'm in a poor reception area and the signal is weak and is constantly switching from say, LTE, HSPA+, HSPA or 3g. etc. That's when I notice the most battery drain.
Personally I prefer LTE as my preferred data connection and the better data connections/speeds for me are well worth it.
There are other areas of the device that can be tweaked and adjusted to save battery instead of sacrificing your Data connection speeds.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Agreed that 3g will use less battery. Just my thought but... I think the trade off of using LTE consistently and the battery loss/usage from using it is worth it and the battery loss is typically pretty minimal.
The biggest battery drain that I notice while on LTE is that when I'm in a poor reception area and the signal is weak and is constantly switching from say, LTE, HSPA+, HSPA or 3g. etc. That's when I notice the most battery drain.
Personally I prefer LTE as my preferred data connection and the better data connections/speeds for me are well worth it.
There are other areas of the device that can be tweaked and adjusted to save battery instead of sacrificing your Data connection speeds.

What are the such areas?

Upvote 0

That's true. My work area constantly switches from LTE, HSPA to even edge. Drains my battery away like my pocket every November (mobile upgrade)

Reactions: xdrc45
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones