Which is better extended battery - OEM or Laza?Tips

Last Updated: 2012-10-17 22:34:58
  1. JSparandeo

JSparandeo New Member

Hi everyone :) ~ I'm in need of an extended battery for my rooted Rezound since I'm lucky if I get 6-7 hours out of my standard oem battery. Does anyone have a preference of brand? Is there really any difference? I've researched a little and I know that Laza has a little more juice to their battery but I've read mixed reviews on their actual performance. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

~Jenn

Advertisement
  2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

As far as the batteries themselves go, the VZW/HTC extended and Laza are fairly comparable, but the phone back coverss are a different story... I have heard of several people having reception issues with the Laza back, never hear that issue with the VZW/HTC back (the antennas are part of the back cover).
  3. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I have the official one from Verizon and I have had no problems at all.
  4. Colchicine

Colchicine Well-Known Member

Admitedly, it does look "off brand", but if you read the updates in the reviews, you can see where the Laza has sent them new back covers that fixed the problem.
    Amazon.com: Laza Zcell 3240mah HTC Rezound 4G Extended Battery + Back Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

Nobody really wants to go through that, but I'd like to think that Laza has since stopped shipping the defective backs by now.
  5. Bud3269

Bud3269 New Member

I am using the Laza with the VZW back, works fine. However the Laza has a problem with the temperature sensor, always says 26 doesn't change. I emailed Laza and they said they are working on it.